- advertisement -

Lump on leg?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by januaryblue, Aug 24, 2010.

1. januaryblue

januaryblue Approved members

Just curious if anyone has had this happen before. SG has a lump or it's swollen on her leg/pelvis, where the bend is (does that make sense?). She says it doens't hurt when I touch it. She had a fever and a cold last Thursday/Friday so my first thought is possibly a swollen lymph node? My DH of course goes straight to cancer, yes, he's one of those. :rolleyes: Gotta love him anyway. :)

I'll be calling the Ped in the AM just to have it checked out and to be safe, but curious if anyone else has seen something like that before.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  2. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

water deposit, it will probably be gone my morning, but its safe to have it checked out

3. lynn

lynn Approved members

It sounds like something Nathan had when he was a baby. The pediatrician said it was a swollen lymph node. It went away without trouble.

4. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Nick being immune def. has has several different lymph nodes swollen over the years. There are ones right in the groin area right in that crease. Get it checked out just to be sure.

5. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

I'm guessing swollen lymph node as well...and it will probably go away on it's own very soon.

6. januaryblue

Thanks, it's already gone down a bit from what it was yesterday.

7. januaryblue

Just gone done with the doctor and she said it did not look like a lymph node and she believes it's a femoral hernia. :( We are to call and set up an ultrasound at the local hospital. If it is we will meet with a surgeon and go from there. When can this kid catch a break?

8. buggle

buggle Approved members

I'm so glad you took her into the doctor. I hope that it's an easy repair. Please keep us posted. I'll be thinking about you guys.

9. januaryblue

Well, we finally got the official word that it is a hernia. We had the ultrasound on Saturday at the local hospital and had to wait until today when her doctor was in to get the results.

We have to go to the children hospital at some point this week and meet with a surgeon.

I am officially PO'd. Seriously, as though it wasn't enough that she has D, and asthma, had febrile seizures as a baby.

She's 5 and she's been hospitalized, and been in an ambulance 3 times...all more stuff then I've done in my 35 years!

I just want to yell at...whatever...to back off my baby and leave her alone.:mad:

I feel a little better for getting that out, but still. :(