advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Luer Lock Infusion Sets, No More?

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by BrendaK, Nov 28, 2017.

1. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

I am slow to learn of Tandem's switch from a luer lock cartridge to a new proprietary kind. I just learned about it when I called to reorder cartridges today. Are there any pump brands left that use luer lock cartridges and infusion sets? I have a large back up supply of Inset 30's that I can no longer use. Is there a place to donate them? Or is there a magic connector like Medtronics used to have (maybe they still do) to connect the luer lock infusion sets to the new cartridges?

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Are the old kind of cartridge no longer available? I got the old kind when I last ordered within the month. When I watched my daughter go through multiple sites in one day, though, I thought that we're going to end up with mismatched supplies if the bad run on sites continued.

3. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

The rep on the phone today told me the official transition happens on 12/1 to the new cartridges and there is no guarantee the old will be available after that. I’m guessing they will just sell them until they run out and they don’t know exactly when that will be.