- advertisement -

Low today during math test (YIKES!)

Discussion in 'Teens' started by IrishEnglishGermanGirl, Sep 23, 2009.

1. IrishEnglishGermanGirl

IrishEnglishGermanGirl New Member

tiuho

tiohopug hi pug neco.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Hi, Ann. :cwds:
    I think it's much more difficult to deal effectively with a "test and bg" situation after the fact than it is to have a testing policy in place that works for you.

If you attend a public school in the US you are entitled to certain accommodations in the classroom to make sure that you are able to do your best work while taking care of your health. Do you have a 504 plan at school? If not, you really should. And asking for one is not asking for special advantages, it's simply a way to provide a fair and level playing /testing field for you.

If you need one, and want help with it there is a wealth of info on the site and in the minds of those of us who post here. ;) Let us know ...

3. Toni

Toni Banned

Hi, Anne: You sound so much like our Erin that I am even a bit suspicious.:D First, you need to have your endo/Mom get doctor's orders so you are allowed to carry a cell phone at school. We have done this and that would take care of THAT problem. Second, if your Mom has a 504 Plan for you (like our Erin has), you can finish the test later if you feel bad and are low. And take the test at a later time if high (since highs take longer to come down). What we have put in place is that you will be allowed to finish the test later with more time (because it takes about 20 minutes to come up from a low). In any case, it was probably just a quiz so early in the year and no need to stress about this at all. Sounds like you have our school nurse, as well, LOL. The school nurse is only there to help you. HELP treat your lows. You should be able to treat your lows at your age WHEREVER you are, and not have to run to the nurse afterwards. I'm not sure our Erin quite understands this yet; our Nurse doesn't quite, either, maybe. Erin's Mom insisted on a change this year because she does not want her racing around with nine changes of class and running up two flights of stairs to get to the Nurse. It is inconvenient, as well as stressful. I would talk to your Mom so she can put a good plan in place for you.

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Hey; where do you go to school? In the US there are plans that can help you out, but in the UK (where I am) everything must be agreed with individual teachers. I'd just let your teacher know that you were low and that if your grade isn't as good as usual, not to worry about it. That's what I do. Usually my grade doesn't suffer too much from mild lows.

5. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Can you please explain what this means? Thanks.

6. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

my best friend is german american and i'm taking german in school and it doesn't look/sound like german. i tried an irish translator(going off her screen name) and i'm not coming up with anything. i think it's just gibberish:confused:.

7. emm142

emm142 Approved members

It was written in English at first, but the message has since been changed.

Coincidentally, one of the words in the new message is Latin :p but I don't think that was deliberate.