- advertisement -

Low Profile (not officially supported) clip for Tandem t:slim Pump

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by moco89, Nov 10, 2014.

1. moco89

moco89 Approved members

2. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

How does this actually attach to the t:slim? Could you post a photo? Thanks so much! My daughter will be switching soon, but hates the bulky clip on. Oops, I just read the fine print about the adhesive attachment. This could really work! Thanks again for sharing this!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  3. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I would love this as a low profile clip but our problem is that sometimes my daughter still throws her pump in a pouch, like when she's at dance class and in a leotard. She needs a low profile clip that can come on and off.

4. moco89

moco89 Approved members

Nancy in Va,

I did some searching for you, and I came across a detachable clip with 3M adhesive.

It still leaves a "ratcheting adapter" which is much more low profile than the clip itself.

Personally, I would go with this (both by the same manufacturer) with the two (2) round ratcheting tabs and two (2) round 3M adhesives option

5. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

6. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Can that clip be taken off or is it a "permanent" clip? Its just that my daughter wears hers in a pouch once in a while and not clipped on her waistband.

7. GChick

GChick Approved members

I guess what we are wondering is... is the pouch so small that it cannot hold the pump even with the low profile clip attached (seeing that it is low profile)?

Im actually going through something similar in that I'm starting to feel the lump in my pants were the pump resides in my pocket looks somewhat "unattractive"... and beyond that is wearing a hole in my jeans pocket. If my pockets were smaller and up a little higher I don't think it'd be much of an issue. And the clip that came with the pump is more bulky than I like and the hingepoint is not in a very practical place.

So, after reading about this I have ordered two of the clips mentioned in this post (not the ratcheting one though) and will let you know what I think of them. Also worried about the "permanency" of them as well, as if I DO want to put the pump in my pocket from time to time it'll add even more bulk.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  8. GChick

GChick Approved members

I just got the Hip Clip and thought I'd give my own review on this as well. I also purchased this one http://www.amazon.com/Nite-Ize-SLC-0...eclipse+pocket just in case, but thought I'd like the look/feel of the hip clip better. (I ended up being very long-winded... sorry)

Overall, I like it a lot. I've tried various ways of wearing the pump with it and for different situations, different ways work best.

While everyone talks about how the "tslim is so small, you can just slide it in your pocket" while true, I just found it to be a rather unattractive way to wear it for me... with this lump on my thigh.

I wear it with the new clip at my waist when I have shirts that are slightly more "blousy" and long, or tucked in. And I wear it on my pocket edge with the pump facing outward, open to the world when the shirt is either tighter or short enough to make the lump look "odd" at the waist. I didn't like that idea at first as while I have no issue with dosing etc in public, I just didn't want it quite so visible all the time.... but when my hairdresser cautioned me that my "cell phone" was about to fall as I got up out of her chair (it wasn't.... because it was attached to the outside of my pocket) that calmed my fears some, cus its just a cell phone :eek:.

While I wouldn't wear the whole thing in my pocket any longer in public, due to the added bulk (not much, just enough to make it even less attractive), I could if I chose to... as it still fits easily in a pocket and still wear it that way in my pajama bottoms. I couldn't imagine it being a problem to wear in a pouch with the clip attached, unless it is also a purely aesthetics thing and not a function thing, like how I wouldn't wear it in my pocket anymore.

I find wearing the tslim using the hip clip to in general be less "visible" than either in my pocket or using the tandem clip, even though I am actually adding visibility when I wear it on the outside of the pocket (if that makes sense... meaning its more visible, but in a less awkward way.)

I can slip it on my waist and slip it off WAY easier than using the tandem clip (emphasis on the WAY!!! That lil hook doo-dad foiled me on many occasions). While you wouldn't think so, its also easier than getting it out of my pocket used to be (but without the "way").

I caution though that it may not be the best solution for small children (doesn't mean it wouldn't be, but it would just "depend' more). While it doesn't look "flimsy" it does appear that when it gets bent, it is bent and there'd be no way to "unbend" it (some review online mentioned that).... and being a semi-permanent fixture, it could become a hassle.

That's the only con really, that its a semi permanent fixture (you can remove it by cutting it off through the foam "sticker", but it'd be a hassle I'd imagine) and as such you cannot use the tandem clip anymore and that while unproven, it may be less durable than required for someone that might be rough with it.

9 out of 10 stars.

ETA:
    Oh, one more thing... no more pumps falling out of my pocket when going to the bathroom!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014