- advertisement -

Loving the PLUS...upgraded from Dexcom Seven

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by maddiesdad, May 28, 2009.

1. maddiesdad

maddiesdad Approved members

I just have to say that the new Dexcom 7+ is WAYYYYYYY more accurate for us. I can depend on it and that's a big deal for me.

Maddie had a "fun" night last night and her blood sugars shot through the roof which was totally unexpected because she had a track meet and then a vigorous softball practice before bed.

Usually she needs little or no basal at all under these conditions.... .3/hr or less.

Well, she has her hormones raging ( she's a 12 year old -- young lady ) and even double her normal basal didn't do the trick.

Her dexcom faithfully awoke Daddy every hour to tell him that his multiple attempts to bring her sugars down below 200 were futile...

In the end, I got it down...

All throughout the night it was under 10 points off the Pod Meter, which the old Seven was never capable of, it seems, in the high range.

Loving the new system.

NOW HERE'S MADDIE'S TWO CENTS...LISTEN UP, DEXCOM.

She HATES how loud the buttons are when you click them. It's like nails on the chalkboard for her...the next gen Receiver ( when it comes out ) needs quiet buttons, please. She'll do cartwheels for that.

2. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

that is fantastic!

I also am loving the snooze alarms !
    I crank the speaker volume up all the way at night, and sleep without setting the alarm to wake me... If he is too high, it will tell me . That is so nice because I have forgotten more than once to reset the alarm on my cell!

3. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

[NOW HERE'S MADDIE'S TWO CENTS...LISTEN UP, DEXCOM.

She HATES how loud the buttons are when you click them. It's like nails on the chalkboard for her...the next gen Receiver ( when it comes out ) needs quiet buttons, please. She'll do cartwheels for that.[/QUOTE]

My DD and I TOTALLY agree. What is up with that. They are so loud when you push them and feel cheap. I hate the buttons!!!!!

4. maddiesdad

maddiesdad Approved members

Crank up the volume? You are talking about a baby monitor or something? There's no volume on the dex is there?

5. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

Yes I mean the wireless mic system we use. The alarms on the plus seem quieter, and I needed to turn the volume up to hear them at night. It works fine now that I have the volume up.

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

My DD and I TOTALLY agree. What is up with that. They are so loud when you push them and feel cheap. I hate the buttons!!!!![/QUOTE]

Did the old Dex have quiet buttons? Eric didn't like the buttons at first either. We use baby monitors at night to hear the vibrate first. Sounds like a wood bee in my house.

7. ErikB

ErikB Approved members

No. The new and the old Dexcoms use exactly the same receiver. The only difference is a software upgrade downloaded into the receiver.

The buttons do seem a bit loud. I can go into my DS room, wipe his finger, poke his finger, do the BG test all without him waking up. Then when I want to calibrate the receiver I feel like I'm going to wake him up with the button pushing! :rolleyes: