- advertisement -

Lost meter...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by januaryblue, Jun 29, 2010.

1. januaryblue

januaryblue Approved members

I've lost our regular meter, the one we've been using since January. I'm kicking myself because I lost it between my mom's house and my house, only two blocks apart. Of course we have a back up meter, so that's good, but I don't have all the numbers to send into the CDE this week-although I have most because I try and put them in the journal I keep.

Please tell me I'm not the first person to do this. :eek:

2. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

You're not the first person to do this. Meters are known to hide.

The disadvantage of not logging is that when you lose the meter, you lose the data.

I logged well when we were on MDI. I do not log well now because the pump records everthing and I can download it.

Hope the meter turns up. If not, just give the numbers that you have. I'm sure that they have encoiuntered this before.

3. Ben07

Ben07 Approved members

Hey Elizabeth,
    I am sure you are not the first and you won't be the last. Maybe it will show up soon. Have you looked under all the chairs in yours and your mom's house. That is where things always show up in our house! LOL.

Ginger

4. mischloss

mischloss Approved members

Wouldn't it be nice if they came with locator devices??? Yep, always happens to me...so far though it has turned up but never the less I do have to grab a backup meter every once in a while before I find it. We used to use the Accu-check Compact plus (nothing compact about it!) and it was pretty big to be losing. Now I have gotten my son the small Bayer Contour USB meter....I sure wish it had a fop or key ring to attach it to something. It is really the size of a thumb drive (one end is the usb port!) and I am sure we are going to be misplacing it soon! Sigh! :p

5. januaryblue

Glad I'm not alone. It's been missing since Saturday night and I had the whole family go on a "treasure hunt" with me last night. I can't find it anywhere. I think some sort of GPS tracker on it would be great! LOL.

6. januaryblue

It's been since Saturday and we found the meter tonight!

You will never guess where it was...IN Samantha's pillowcase! She was going to spend the night at my mom's but decided not to. I must have thrown in it in the pillowcase when we left her house. When we put the pillow back on Sam's bed we must have laid it down with the meter underneath and she never noticed it until tonight.

Unbelievable!

7. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Oh that is funny! At least you found it!