- advertisement -

Losing weight?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by theMask, May 2, 2012.

1. theMask

theMask Approved members

Ever since I was diagnosed I can't lose weight, but rather, I keep gaining. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm 5'6, and Ive gained around 30 pounds since being diagnosed, idk tho, I run 5k as much as possible and I am glad its down to 20:09 minutes. my weight finally seems to have started to go down, but still, not much, maybe half a pound a month this year. I cut all liquids except water and occasionally milk, watch what I eat, ect. I mean, I'm not SUPER super overweight, 142, but still, I definitely could do to lose about 20 pounds. >.< Let me know if anyone has any ideas to help?

2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Have you had your thyroid tested? If all your bloodwork is normal then in order to lose weight you need to eat fewer calories, which is made easier if you increase the fiber in your diet.

I'm not sure if you're male or female, but 142 doesn't seem hugely overweight at 5'6... I'm a 5'5 female and I weigh 135 and look slim, my BMI is right in the middle of normal range.

3. theMask

theMask Approved members

Last time it was tested it was fine, so far no comlicaions (gogogo :p) Right now I eat a little over 1,700 calories a day, a bit more if I go low from exerciseing. by a 'bit' more around 120?-ish for orange juice but yeah, thats about it.