- advertisement -

LoseIt app - have you used it?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Ellen, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

I just started yesterday to use the LoseIt app and wonder if anyone has experience with it and would like to share pros and cons with respect to weight loss. Thank you.

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

I haven't tried that one, but I started using MyFitnessPal in January and have been very pleased with it. It has the added bonus of having an amazing food nutrition data base that I have even used for D purposes. Let us know how you like it.

3. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

I'm finding it too unstructured...may need an actual meal plan to follow.

4. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

i use the loseit app. I need to start using it again. I actually lost 45lbs by recording my food and exercise and following their recommended calorie intake. I gained 10 of those pounds back, but that's because i got lazy and stopped recording food and didn't exercise as much. So need to get on the ball and re-lose those 10lbs.

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Have you tried Weight Watchers online? It's the one program I've always had success with and it allows me to work in certain dietary needs I have.

6. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

I've tried several calorie counting apps that don't work for me. Too time and thought consuming. But I'd highly recommend the Engine 2 Diet and Forks Over Knives cookbooks. No counting calories, just clean eating. It's very freeing to not have to count calories. There are also some delicious dessert recipes for when the sweet tooth hits. I made black bean brownies (sweetened with date syrup) and chocolate/banana freezer cookies recently that my kids are wolfing down before I get a chance!

7. Sari

Sari Approved members

I LOVE LoseIt!! When I actually follow it, it works great!

8. Beach bum

9. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

I LOVE my fitbit! I've been using it for about 6 months. Easy to use, set up. You can set it up to work in conjunction with other calorie counting apps. I have mine linked with my fitness pal. So any exercise gets counted at my fitness pal and my calories port over into fitbit.

Mine's the old generation but the new one will communicate with iphones (I think only newer models) and a couple of the android models. It's all on their website.

What I like is the display. I can see my progress without having to have it synch up with the computer. I also love the sleep monitor feature. Man those long nights with multiple bg checks do a number on your sleep. Not that I didn't know that but its interesting to see in graph form.

10. Beach bum

My friend justified the initial high cost by figuring that WW for a whole year cost the same.
    She loves that it works with her smart phone. I'm seriously considering one!

11. heypb

heypb Approved members

I've lost over 40lbs with the Tap and Track app which has worked well for me.

I wanted a change so I tried the Lose It! app for a few days. I love the scanner
    feature. But I don't like that you can manually enter calories burned for exercise, and I especially don't like how it lets you measure food. It really only lets you measure by volume, instead of weight. We have a food scale (because of diabetes) and I find weighing food is great way to get accurate measurement of calories as well as carbs.

If Lose It! would let me track food by weight, I would consider switching.