- advertisement -

Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by HannahB, Sep 27, 2010.

1. HannahB

HannahB Approved members

Hi,
    I moved to LA a little over two years ago with my three daughters (Katie, age 11 type 1 pumping and CGM) and was wondering if anyone had similar children in age or wanted to go out for a "mom's night". We go to CHLA and have had some issues there recently (but still feel Katie gets great care, although she still sees her endos in NY as well but only 1-2 times a year to complete a study shes in) we also feel she gets great support from camp, etc. However, if there are other girls her age we would love to meet up that way as well.

If anyone else is from our area in Southern CA let us know! We havent reached out much here and I am interested in meeting other families now that we are finally settled (it took us awhile!)
    Hannah

2. HannahB

HannahB Approved members

nobody from LA is on these boards? I would really love to arrange a get together...we have had a tough couple of weeks lately. i thought I spoke to someone here who went to the same doctors as us?

3. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I know there are people from that area on this forum....give them a little time and I am sure someone will respond...

4. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

We are in LA (just south of LAX) - our endo is at CHLA. Would love to chat - just don't know if I could meet up right now as I am dealing with some personal health issues. Feel free to pm me.

5. HannahB

HannahB Approved members

that would be great, maybe you can be of some help with the issues I am having with Katie. Our endo is at CHLA and we love her but is out of the office way more than she is there, and people say such great things about this board so I am trying to use different resources. I will send you a pm. By the way, we live in Brentwood.

6. LARSMS

LARSMS Approved members

My daughter is cared for at CHLA.

If you would like to chat, feel free to PM me.

7. sooz

sooz Approved members

We live in the SGV and Hailey is 8. Im the grandma so Im sure you are looking for someone your age to bond with but I just wanted to let you know we are here if you have any questions. Our hospital is Huntington in Pasadena. Are you going to participate in the up coming JDRF walk? You can meet lots of great fold there! If you dont want to do a team of your own you could join our team, Hailey's Heroes! Also if your daughter is interested in going to camp next summer, it is a super way to make friends and be a part of the community. There is going to be a camp fundraiser coming up that we are participating in as well. :)

8. HannahB

HannahB Approved members

anyone else from LA area with teens? I have many questions about how to deal with her care ( not how to bolus her, etc) but more in an emotional way. I do use our endo but Katie really loves her and gets very upset if she feels I am talking to her behind her back, almost as if she has told her some sort of secret but I guess she more sees Dr. Kaufman as a confidant? Should I be concerned about this? Any advice would be helpful, especially from local moms if we might be able to get together ourelves or connect our kids. Best,
    Hannah

9. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

I have a teen - but a boy. Definitely have issues dealing with DS but not sure they are the same as with a girl (although I do have a non-d daughter, and I am finding out how emotional girls can be). We see Dr. K too - LOVE her! She keeps telling my son what a great job he is doing because his A1C is decent, but she doesn't know how much we harp on him at home to do the right thing. We live south of LAX - maybe we could meet half way? PM me and we can talk.

10. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

We are in so cal but not really near LA. Does your daughter go to camp? My daughter has been going for years now at Camp Chinnock. If you want an email pal, I'm sure my daughter would be up for that!

kim

11. sooz

sooz Approved members

Hailey went there this summer for the first time! She had a terrific experience which is why I suggested it up above but didnt get a response from the OP. Were you at the fundraiser at Disneyland last weekend? Hailey came away from camp feeling so much more independant regarding her D care. Are you doing the walk for JDRF in November?