- advertisement -

Looking for vendor for pump supplies that accepts Medicare asssignment.

Discussion in 'Insurance Issues' started by zatff, Jul 29, 2011.

1. zatff

zatff Approved members

My current vendor just informed me they will no longer carry the Cleo 90 which is my favorite infusion set. It irks me they waited till day they are supposed to ship my next order of month supplies.

It seems it is getting hard to find any reputable vendors that still accept Medicare assignment. I can't imagine what it will be like after they cut Medicare reimbursement rates further. I guess we will end up paying for all our own supplies then.

Anyone have any recommendations for good vendors or alternative infusion sets if I have to switch brands?

2. peruvianpasohi

peruvianpasohi Approved members

Call the number on your ins card, and ask which DME vendors they allow. then call the pump manufacturer and ask which of those handel the sets you want, or call those DME directly to find if your part is carried. All medicare is not equal;, and all vendors cannot use all medicare programs. It is no longer a simple system. Lioberty and Edgepark seems to handle "most" programs.

3. zatff

zatff Approved members

Thanks for the info. Edgepark doesn't take Medicare assignment. Liberty Medical would only send a 20 day supply at max and claimed it was Medicare policy, which it isn't since many other vendors send either a 30 day or 90 day supply with out problem. Many other vendors though are like Liberty and will only send out 50-60% of supplies you need for a month or 90 days since they claim Medicare reimbursement is not enough to send the full amount. They expect you to buy the rest of supplies you need for cash out of pocket.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011