- advertisement -

Looking for recommendations for an insulin cooler

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by cockatiel, May 15, 2009.

1. cockatiel

cockatiel Approved members

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good small cooler?

Requirements -- fits two pen-needles and stays cool either by plugging in overnight or by battery.

My dd will be going on a ten-day mission trip. She will be staying in a place that has electricity, so she can recharge the cooler at night either with electiricity or by battery. She will NOT have access to a refrigerator.

Also, she will be looking to keep both her lantus pen-needle and her humalog pen-needle cool, so I may be looking for two container cooling gizmos. (The A/C in this place is supposedly not good, though she obviously doesn't need to actually BRING her lantus with her during the day)

Thanks -- I appreciate any and all suggestions!

2. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

3. Snowbound

Snowbound Approved members

I'll second the frio suggestion. They're inexpensive, simple to use, come in different sized and can be recharged anywhere you can soak it in water for a few minutes.

They cool though evaporation so you don't want to put it in a sealed container.

4. cockatiel

cockatiel Approved members

Thank you for the suggestion. These look seriously...ummm...."cool"! :D

Seriously, thanks. I find looking for diabetes products seriously overwhelming and appreciate being able to look for ONE specific product. And it looks great!

5. momof1

momof1 Approved members

we also use the frio line. i ordered kennah's from diabetes and more. she carries her insulin with her at school and it keeps it nice and cool when they go outside. very handy very pleased so far. hers firts her novolog pen haven't triewd fitting both in hers.