- advertisement -

Looking for Inset infusion sets

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by kimmcannally, Apr 29, 2010.

1. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

If anyone has any extra, please pm me! I don't care what color they are. DS is special needs and is starting the pump in June. It's been over a month since his last infusion set insertion (pre-pump class) and he had to have me put one on myself before I did one on him.
    I am anticipating needing to do that again for a few changes, so I'd really love to get some that I can use on myself (or have extra for him if he doesn't insist on me putting them on myself)
    The Dr. is writing the scrip for every 3 days but that makes me nervous about cutting it that close. What happens when/if a cannula kinks and we have to use more of them?
    We have a couple of inset 30's from our rep, so if anyone has the straight insets in either 6mm or 9mm (one for tummy one for bottom) I would love to get a few!

We had this problem with test strips at first, barely made it to the end of the month because he was anxious over his BG level and tested more than the insurance would cover. He's finally ok with that, and we are doing ok with strips. But I do anticipate we might have the same problem with insets at first, until he is used to the whole process.

Maybe I'm just being over-anxious myself, but with DS, if something goes wrong and he makes up his mind he hates the pump (and it can be for absolutely crazy reasons!) he just won't use it again. Period. Maybe ever. So I'd like to make sure we have a really good start. :cwds:

I have a couple of meters I can trade - a One Touch Mini and Freestyle Freedom Lite, and an Accu-chek Compact Plus.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  2. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

I just want to say thank you so much - I had several people contact me and am expecting some infusion sets in the mail any day :)
    Thanks so much CWD!! Don't know how I would do this without my "family"