- advertisement -

Looking for and endo in Northern MN

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by beaniesmom, Feb 6, 2012.

1. beaniesmom

beaniesmom Approved members

We just moved waaaay up north from Texas and I have no direction where to look for a new endo for Beanie. We're in Northern Minnesota. If you're familiar with the area, think Duluth, Hibbing... Southern Canada (ha ha) that area. We will drive to The Cities if we have to but I'd like to avoid that if we can.

I just know someone on here will have some wonderful information (and if you know who we should avoid I would appreciate that too)!!!

2. timsma

timsma Approved members

Welcome to MN!
    I don't know of any endo's up in that area, and I think many that live up there do end up driving to the cities. We go to McNeely diabetes clinic in St. Paul. It's up there off of 35E and close to 94. If you want more info on specific doctors, you can PM me and I"d be happy to share those I like and those I don't especially care for. There are other options too, in Mpls, but this is where we go.
    I live south of the cities in Lakeville.

3. Jenna'sMom

Jenna'sMom Approved members

I don't have firsthand experience with this doctor, but I've heard good things about Dr. Miller. He sees patients at Essentia Clinic in Duluth (1st St. building). You shouldn't have to drive to the Twin Cities for diabetes care. http://essentiahealth.org/Main/PhysicianLocator/Miller-Bradley-MD-1501.aspx

Here is a link to some info about him: http://www.med.umn.edu/peds/endocrin/faculty/miller/home.html

I live in Northwestern MN (think 1 hour from ND and 1 hour from Canada!) and we travel to Fargo, ND to see our pediatric endo.

Good luck!

4. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

My opinion - AVOID DULUTH ENDO'S!!!!!!!! We have seen two - and had the horror of working with a few of the diabetes educators in Duluth....of course this would have been 4 to 5yrs ago..... We have driven to the Cities since - and also go to McNeely's (a 4hr trip for us)! If you can make the trip - it is worth your while, and your child's!!!!!!!

Sorry for all the !!! - our experience really was that bad in Duluth!

5. valerie-k

valerie-k Approved members

we also go to childrens McNeely in st paul. wonderful place.

of cource, now we are moving out of state and cant take our endo with us...

6. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

If you end up needing to come to the cities the U of M has great pediatric endos. We see Dr. Moran. We started out at McNeely in St.Paul here but it just wasnt a good fit for us. Moved over to the U and love it there. Dr. Moran's nurse Anne is amazing and she has T1 herself so she really knows what its like and I wouldnt give that up for anything in the world. Anne has always said she is just a phone call or email away if I ever need help with anything for Cassie, which just wasnt the case for us when we were at McNeely. Best of luck finding an endo you love.

7. alana56649

alana56649 New Member

hi! Just joined and I am in northern mn- we travel to virgina mn and duluth mn