- advertisement -

Looking for a thread.

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Mama2H, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Anyone remember the thread about bras? I am so embarrassed to ask this here but I KNOW I remember reading a thread on here about the best places to buy a bra (I think it was online). I am having a terrible time locally :eek: How embarrassing :eek:

2. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

any other identifying things you remember about the thread???

3. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Hmm. It gave some websites. Talked about having a bra custom made. Someone posted about how they used to work for Walmart (I think in ordering) and that the bras there were suprisingly well made (I can't agree with this today as I spent hours last night trying on 17 BRAS :eek: )

4. frizzyrazzy

5. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Nope :( There were different sites listed. I wish I had bookmarked it. I know I subbed but I am subbed to THOUSANDS of threads :eek:

6. frizzyrazzy

hahaha...that's a lot!

7. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

Did you try barenecessities and figleaves?

I don't remeber the thread. Sorry. I have also heard great things about Gilligan & O'Malley bras at Target.

8. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Didn't really see anything on fig leaves. I don't know anything about the other one. I ended up ordering from victoria secret since the one and only bra that fits was from there. I ordered the exact same one in another color :eek: I hate this. I used to have to order for my size now I have lost so much weight that I am having to order for my fit :( I just cannot win LOL. Thanks for looking guys. I spent all of my spare time today going through old posts and never did find it.

9. zeb'smom

zeb'smom Approved members

I know you already ordered but thought this may be helpful. I, well dh really, used this site a few years ago to find a store locally that does pro bra fittings. I have been fitted in department stores before but never found a really comfortable and flattering bra. Found a local store and it was so much better, locally owned place with awesome stuff and the best customer service ever. I highly recommend getting a fitting by a real pro and not just some old lady who works at Sears.

http://www.myintimacy.com/findastore.html

The store finder will tell you the closest 'pro' fitter, the store I found is not a My Intimacy store but is linked on the site as are many other independent stores nation wide. I hope there is one near you, and anyone else who needs a good bra, and that you take the time to go. I really don't buy bra's anywhere else now and the comment I got the most when I got my first well fitted bra was that I looked like I'd lost weight. It's worth the time and money to get a good bra that really fits you. Good luck.

10. frizzyrazzy

Lady Grace is great with fittings too. You should definitely get fitted. There was something on Oprah a long time ago about people wearing the wrong sized bras...for years and years..the wrong size. She suggested people go UP a cup and down a band size...or was it down a cup and up a band? oh hell I don't remember now. But I am like you - I have to spend hours trying to find something that fits (and I am not big) and when I do I buy a ton of them..all the same.

usually once a year my mom and I will go out and have "bra day". LOL.

11. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

I need new ones too. Found some today and tried them on.
    I have known for some time that I am squeezing my girls into a cup size too small (or 2!:eek:) but today confirmed it and I have resolved to actually buy a bra that fits PROP-ER-LY!
    Unfortunately they won't be dis-similar in lack of sex appeal to my great great grandmothers, but they will fit! I hope!

The only problem is that there are few shops in my price range that do my size, so I may have to mortgage the house!:eek::D

12. 2ladybugs

2ladybugs Approved members

I'm with you guys ~ I hate shopping for bras!!:mad: They NEVER fit right and, yes, I have been fitted and I still have issues. :p

13. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Thanks guys. I looked up that link, is it a bad sign that my state isn't even listed :eek: I have gone to Victoria S and every stinking time they say I am a different size. One weekend I went on a Saturday and a Sunday and got 2 way different measurements. Of coarse I knew the first girl was doing it wrong when she held the tape lose around for the band measurement and pulled tight for the cup :rolleyes: I have only found one woman at VS helpful and I have only seen her there once, she is the one that fit me in the one and only that I have that fits right now.

I HATE HATE HATE bra shopping! I thought it would be so much fun once I lost the weight but now I am discovering it is even harder because I don't know where to begin where as before I grabbed the most granny looking one and that was usually the one that fit LOL