- advertisement -

Looking for a penpal for my homeschooled daughter

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by lauraqofu, Sep 13, 2010.

1. lauraqofu

lauraqofu Approved members

I'm looking for a T1 penpal for Cass. We're homeschooling this year, and she really needs some work on her handwriting, and I thought this would be a fun way to accomplish that. I hate busy work.;)

We're in a rural area, so there's no one close to us with T1, and her clinic is over an hour way, so she hasn't met anyone yet with T1, and I think it would do her a lot of good to make a friend who knows what's she's going through. Anyone interested?

2. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

mine would probably just roll her eyes at me.
    she's 14

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I think Steven would like that:) He's a friendly sort and interested in everything!

4. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I like letter writing and penpalling but I'm a 21 year old man. Probably not what you're looking for.

As I recall though, JDRF had a penpal list as of four years ago. Maybe that would be want you want.

5. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

It's like an email pen-pal thing, but she might could get someone interested in writing letters than emailing. That's definitely worth a shot.

6. mommypilot

mommypilot Approved members

would she mind having a 5 year old penpal. I also homeschool, mine would draw pictures and write a few words. :D

7. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

As I recall though, JDRF had a penpal list as of four years ago. Maybe that would be want you want.

yes they do. Ashleigh has a couple of pen pals through JDRF. She signed up shortly after diagnosis.

8. MikailasMom

MikailasMom Approved members

My DD is 11 and would love another pen pal, if you want to PM me we can work out details (email or snail mail)....

9. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

We homeschool as well and I know my Cassidy needs to work on her hand writing as well. If you would like to switch addresses so they can write back and forth send me a pm.

10. Denise

Denise Approved members

We tried to go this route but Molly never got anyone to reply and she was sad that no one wanted to be her penpal

11. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Oh my , they even have the same name! neat!

12. lauraqofu

lauraqofu Approved members

Thanks everyone for the responses. I love this place!

13. Gdad

Gdad Approved members

My daughter would love to- I sent you a pm.

14. czardoust

czardoust Approved members

My daughter is 9 and she would love a penpal :D

15. Lize

Lize Approved members

How about a penpall in South-Africa? Alicia will love this! Check your private mail for our address!

16. Emma'sDad

Emma'sDad Approved members

Emma's almost 9. While I would love for her to have penpals, she's not really good at keeping up with them. She has a non-d penpal from Iowa that she hasn't written to in over a year. I kinda feel bad especially when the ball is in her court.

And she's met a few diabetics this summer and had a great time and I keep suggesting her to write them letters when I get the "I'm bored, I have nothing to do, can I watch a marathon of Hannah Montana and rot on this couch all day?" situation. It doesn't get done. :(

17. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

If anyone would like to have a non D penpal....Dalee would love to have one also. Dalee is not a big writer, but she does send cards with a few sentences in them, and she'll color pictures for you too. Send a pm to me, it thats what you or your child would be interested in doing.

Thanks!!