- advertisement -

Longest time a Navigator sensor used

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by ecs1516, Apr 1, 2009.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Our endo office told us that the Navigator trainer said they someone has worn it as long as 40 days, oh my! I'll stick with 10 for now.:rolleyes:

2. selketine

selketine Approved members

Wow! I can't believe that didn't become infected or something!

I'm curious in addition to that, what the average wear time is. 10 days sounds great.

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We've never had an infection but we only go 10 days. Or NP uses the MM CGM but has had 'infections' but she said because it is the length and type of electode sensor? I can't remember what she said.

They said that these sensor site last much longer than a pump site because you are not infusing insulin.

4. Diana

Diana Approved members

14 days (day 15 was hilariously wrong but there were no sensor errors)

We typically have been doing 10 days, but now I'll do a few extra days to get the sensor change on a better day. So, we are probably starting to average around 12 days.

Our last sensor, though, refused to work on the third restart (typical drill, endless re-calibrations and lots of sensor errors). That has been unusual for us though.

I can't imagine going 40 days! That's amazing.

5. buggle

buggle Approved members

We went 15 days on the last sensor. It read perfectly the entire time. But for the first time, the entry hole for the sensor was all red and inflamed. The blood blister from the temp sensor was pretty nasty too. So, we're sticking with 10 days from now on. I can't believe someone would leave it in for 40 days. Seems like the skin would heal around it! :eek:

6. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

We have to stop at 10 days because the sweat probe begins to irritate her skin badly!

7. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

They need to take that sweat probe off!

8. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

No kidding! I just wore a sensor for 5 days and I have a reddened area with several layers of skin missing where the sweat probe lies. UGH!!

It was interesting to see the sensor on a non-diabetic. I watched it rise to 120ish after eating a large amount of carbs, then it fell right back to the 80's/90's within 10 minutes or so. My SD was *7*! I sure wish my daughter had those numbers while I had hers. :(