- advertisement -

Long time gone...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by hughsfan30, May 30, 2008.

1. hughsfan30

hughsfan30 Approved members

Hello again all!
    Its been several months since I have been on here, but life has been a bit crazy. I am still going to school and approaching graduation and also recently got a job, so needless to say I am pretty tired all the time:rolleyes:.
    I wanted to share though that Jacob has made an important step with his last appointment.
    To start he has been running high lately, inspite of giving larger doses at the doctors instructions we just havent been able to get it in control. Jacob maintains that he isnt sneaking food without us knowing, but he is also a teenager! :eek:
    At his last doctor visit he got the "you are old enough now to take more responsibility" speech from the doc. I must admit it was nice to have the doc tell HIM this, our last doctor used to chew OUR butts when he was high. Anyway he said that Jacob has outgrown his dose and has switched him to the pens. He explained to Jacob that this is the next step to him getting a pump, and while this doc is very pro pump he is leary to give Jacob one because he does have a tendancy to sneak food and not correct at all or not correct properly. Even though its more sticks during the day Jacob loves how it works, not to mention the needle is insanely small!
    He is really getting the hang of it and I finally think we may be on the road to success!
    I will be sure to keep you all posted, I sure miss interacting with you all so I will try to post more often!!!
    Love and Hugs to you all
    -Red:p

2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Its nice to see you back, and to hear things are going well :cwds:

3. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

Good to see you! With the ease of the pen, maybe there could be less sneaking. I wish you success as you move forward with new approaches! :cwds::cwds:

4. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Welcome back....teens will make you crazy dont they? My teen is not Type 1 but he still is a hormonal handful! Nice to see you back!!

5. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

glad your back, you definitely have a lot on your plate right now, hope things calm down for you once you graduate:)

glad the pens are working better, if your son's goal is a pump I hope he reaches that goal soon:)

hope you find the time to come and 'hang out' more:)

6. beckybuckley

beckybuckley Approved members

I don't even want to think about my dd becoming a teenager. Uggh - and not just because of the diabetes!!! Teenagers are scarey! Good luck - hopefully he heard at least bits and pieces of the doctor's lecture. I only say that because my non-d son is 10 and well - he only hears every other word or so it seems.

7. Ella's mom

Ella's mom Approved members

Welcome back:cwds:

You know while reading made me think about when we get some new kitchen item we enjoy working in the kitchen a little more joyfully (at least that is the way it is for me:p). So hoping that Jacob will enjoy his new way of getting his insulin!

Sounds like the new endo is just the right fit:cwds: