- advertisement -

'Lilly's Law' inspiration hopes database kick-starts diabetes awareness --

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Monogenic Diabetes' started by Ellen, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

2. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Cool article. I find monogenic diabetes quite fascinating.

I do dislike how articles keep calling insulin injections "painful." I guess more dramatic that way.

3. GAmom

GAmom Approved members

Actually it was "insertion" sites for her pump. And Yes my dd would agree, they are painful.

4. Lee

Lee Approved members

Wow - that is one lucky girl...

5. hopeful mom

hopeful mom Approved members

help

I have never heard of this form of diabetes before and how it came to light is we were just at Sick Kids for my 6 year olds check up and the doctor suggested we have Bretts DNA tested ! His Blood work is being sent to UK England and it should take about 3 months for us to get Bretts results?This is how we have just found out about this Monogenic diabetes ??? Brett was 6 months old when he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes so he could of been misdiagnosed ??? This would be a miricle to our family if he could take medication for his pancreas??? A little over whelming I guess to hear all this and a little scared as well ! Any info you could share from your experience would be much appreciated! Sincerely Lorrie Roberts