- advertisement -

Life begins again...

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Illinifan, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

...since it's Opening Day!

I've changed my avatar to reflect one of my other favorite teams, the mighty St. Louis Cardinals.

It'll only be this way for a day or so though because the avatar will need to change on Saturday to show my support for my beloved Butler Bulldogs.

What a great time of year to be a sports fan...

2. Deal

Deal Approved members

It definitely is a great time of the year for sports. This year isn't doing it for me as my all failing Leafs and Raptors are not playoff bound yet again. My interest in March madness has waned, and I long ago quit baseball entirely out of disrespect for the business.

I still have our local OHL hockey team that won its first playoff series 4 straight and looking good to make a deep run.

3. Lucky 868

Lucky 868 Approved members

Go Giants!! For the first time in my life, I am not saying "this will finally be our year" on Opening Day. I don't want to jinx our season by hoping for a repeat. Don't want to be greedy. In some ways, I'm rooting for the Cubs this year since it has been sooooo long and I sympathize with having to wait your whole life to bring that trophy home.

I think my Giants play your Cardinals next week. Those will be good games.

Cyndy
    Mom to N, 17
    Lifelong Giants fan - Willie Mays was their greatest player!

4. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I was disappointed that the Twins traded my favorite player to the Cardinals.

5. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

Love this time of year! Lets go Rockies!!!

6. vinedyta

vinedyta Approved members

today is opening day for me too go Indians! I can't wait I go to at least 5 games a year

7. colebenmom

colebenmom Approved members

Love baseball season! Go, go White Sox! Even though we still have a lot to be rooting for in the Chicagoland area with the Bulls and hopefully Blackhawks :)

Also, I'm jumping on the Butler bandwagon and claiming an Indiana team for the final four! Love their team and coach and hope they do well.

8. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

Woo Hooo! GO RANGERS!!!! Wearing my Rangers shirt today in support of my boys! We live for baseball season in our house! :D