- advertisement -

Letter to Teacher?

Discussion in 'School and Daycare' started by abbyzmommy, Sep 7, 2011.

1. abbyzmommy

abbyzmommy Approved members

Anyone have a good letter they wrote to their childs teacher they want to share? Abby's school is awesome but I need ideas on a nice, heartfelt letter explaining what I need and expect from her :)

She just started grade 1, we had no issues at all with kindergarten, in fact they met and exceeded my expectations. I am just drawing a blank on what to say to this new teacher! haha

Thanks in advance :)

Jen

2. Deal

Deal Approved members

Most of the material on this site is geared towards American's and their 504's. I used the sample material from: http://www.diabetesinschools.ca/parent-resources/

It is geared towards the situation we have in Ontario where the school is not forced to provide any particular standard of care and parents negotiate with the schools to find a way for their child to participate fully.

For us this year it includes testing in the classroom, insulin stored and administered in the office, and no glucagon support at all. As for nurses in the schools, the last ones left around the same time Elvis left the building.