- advertisement -

Lasik ...did it and..(question)

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Denise, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Denise

Denise Approved members

am wondering how long it takes for your eyes to be fairly sharp? I had it done two weeks ago tomorrow. The doc said I was 20/25 the next day but I don't know how...it was blurry, but I did drive myself to the appointment as the doctor said I could.

Today? My left eye is still ..just not sharp. I'd say a 6 or 7 out of 10 ...10 being perfect. My right eye is prob an 8. I know I need to be patient, but it's quite hard to focus on things..and not get frustrated! Anyone out there care to share their experience? I go back on Jan 5

2. Sandy's mom

Sandy's mom Approved members

I had Lasik about a year and a half ago. My eyes felt like there was sand paper in them for a few hours, but vision was good. I went to sleep and woke up with perfect vision. Best thing I ever did for myself.

Hope it improves for you!

3. aidensmom

aidensmom Approved members

I had it done a few years ago and after sleeping for a few hours I woke up with perfect vision. However, my sil had it done and has always had trouble with one of her eyes being a little blurry. They even redid the one eye, but she still has trouble.

4. buggle

buggle Approved members

I had it done a couple of years ago and my husband did it a little over a year ago. I'm trying to remember the early days, but it seems like it took a few weeks for my eyes to settle down. I had times of blurriness off and on, though my vision is 20/15. I suggest that you use the eye drops a lot to keep your eyes moist. I went through tons of them. My eyes are totally stable, so I've had no issues. My husband did great too.

Now, if I could only get rid of my old-lady loss of close up vision...

5. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

There are different techniques, all with different recovery courses. I had bladed wavefront lasik and had clear vision the next day. I imagine your vision is sharpening by now?