advertisement

Lantus vs Tresiba?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Artgirl, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Artgirl

Artgirl Approved members

Hi all,

My daughter has been on Lantus for the past 2 years taking 36 units daily. However it didn't really do anything to help control blood sugars at all. The doctor switched her to Tresiba. Anyone find that these long acting insulins work? I am not sure if these long acting insulins are all that great. Anyone find Tresiba works better?

Thanks

2. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

3. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

My daughter has been using Tresiba since she quit pumping and it's been great. Timing was trickier to work out, but it's concentrated and she likes that. She does two shots a day (she does this on all long-actings...nothing specific to Tresiba) and it's about 75% in the morning and 25% at night.

4. MEVsmom

MEVsmom Approved members

We pump regularly, but go on a pump break about once a year. Prior to pumping and until this year, we used Lantus. We always had to split the dose to avoid highs because it just did not last long enough. Our endo suggested Tresiba to us this year. It took us just a bit to find the right dose as it did not directly translate from the amount of basal she was pumping, but once we found the right dose we found it much better than Lantus. It gave us a much smoother line on the Dexcom. Although we had to split bolus Lantus, there is not need to do that with Tresiba. It a much longer duration, which is what also makes it more forgiving if you are late giving a dose. I would recommend trying it.

rgcainmd likes this.