- advertisement -

Ladies, Help?

Discussion in 'Diabetes in Pregnancy' started by munchkingirl, Aug 1, 2007.

1. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

Sorry in advance if there is tmi

Okay, So I just got married at the end of June, and I've been on birth control for a few months now. I'm supposed to be having my period right now and there is nothing. Normally they come just fine, with all the unpleasantries. I'm so so SO scared of being prego as my latest A1c was a disgusting 12.1%.
    So, I guess my question would be what are the odds of being prego so soon? and How long do you have to wait before a pregnancy test will show?

Sorry girls, I don't know much about this!
    Thanks

2. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

How late are you?

Some people's bodies just get preggo easier than others.
    Do you know when you ovulate? Did you, "you know", in that 24-48 window when you ovulated.

Easiest way to tell - get a test!! And share the results! :)

3. munchkingirl

Well, I should be about done by now. I'm not sure anymore either of when I ovulate due to going on the pill cause it kinda changed things around. So, I'm not sure if I'm freaking out unduley or what.

4. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

When I was first married I took LoEstrin, birth control pill. I skipped my periods for several months on it -- the doctor said that it was enough hormones to keep me from being pregnant, but not enough hormones to give me a period. I ended up switching pills because at that point, I wanted to have a period because I didn't want to freak out every month. Hope all is well...

5. munchkingirl

Thanks. It was nothing, guess its just the pills making me miss it. I just couldn't bear the thought of carrying a child wtih a 12.1 Ac1! Geeze! That has totally scared me into getting my A1c into a "perfect" range.

6. BennysMom

BennysMom Approved members

Well, my a1c when I conceived both my children was not perfect (around 9 with my son and 8 with my current pregnancy), but yeah 12 is quite high and so you probably do want to get it under a little more control before trying to conceive. But yeah, things do happen and even if your control wasn't super when you got pregnant having that baby in you will motivate you to get it under control super fast!

7. karpoozi123

karpoozi123 Approved members

Wow! I din't know you got married! I used to talk to you on the forums....years ago!
    Congrats!
    I am really scared of this pregnancy business also, so I am trying to get my a1c down now so when I am ready to have kids I will not have to wait.
    :cwds:

8. munchkingirl

Thanks!

Yeah, I don't know if you saw any of my other threads. It turned out I was pregant, It just took another month before I found out! I miscarried at nine weeks with twins and my a1c was 14%. Oops. I won't be doing that again. I've not been too great with the sugars lately, again, but i'm desperately trying to get better.

It was a scary few weeks after finding out I was pregnant. :) But now I kinda think I'll be ready next time. Or, more ready, rather. :)

My OBGYN was really really really supportive - even though I had such a freaking high a1c, he said he's gotten other through it - said there was a definite possibility of problems with the baby but wouldn't be able to tell till later on in the pregnancy, so we'd tackle that when we got there. Of course, it didn't get that far. I think the miscarraige was likely due to how reckless I was being with my body and the poor babies couldn't handle it.

Whatever the case. I know now that when the time actually does come I'll be able to deal with it. :) It won't be as horrible as I thought it would be!