- advertisement -

King Arthur Gluten Free Flour HORRAY!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by joy orz, Mar 3, 2013.

1. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Yes, I know there is a celiac forum, but it's not widely used, AND I think this information could be useful to all members so here it is.

King Arthur cake mixes are AMAZING. The chocolate cake is seriously addictive and non GF friend ask me to bring it because it is that good.

Today we tried the muffin mix, added an exta egg, some vanilla and no mix ins and it made the most unbelievable fluffy and delicious cupcakes! Dreamy.

But the best part it, NEITHER of these mixes cause a spike! :D:D
    :D Not sure why, but I'm guessing because they put inulin in it (not a typo, inulin is chicory root fiber I think?)

Yes you still have to bolus for it. A cupcake unfrosted is about 35 carbs, but the Betty Crocker GF cupcakes would always send her through the roof, then plummet.

Anyway, super tasty cake, no monster spike AND gluten free. YAY!!!

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Nice! I made some gf biscuits this morning... typical dry blobs :rolleyes: We'll give it a try :cwds: Thanks!

3. Yellow Tulip

Yellow Tulip Approved members

Thanks! Haven't used their mixes yet... I usually stick with Pamela's. I'll have to give them a try!

4. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

Can you tell me if these products are safe for those with peanut and tree nut allergies?

My sister is gluten sensitive and her son is allergic to tree nuts. They also avoid peanuts just in case.

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I got their catalog recently and was impressed with the range of offerings they had.
    They are only about 90 minutes from our house, would love to go there one of these days!

6. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

I think that is the flour I used for Mexican Wedding Cookies in Dec. They were yummy.

I had seen in the CWD celiac forum about Cup4Cup GF flour. It was a bit pricey and only at Williams and Sonoma, I think. I used it for a pot pie crust last week and it was quite good. The moms in the forum said it was great for pie crust. I am not a frequent pie baker.

I also tried the Cup4Cup pizza crust mix. Though it tasted fine, I had some trouble rolling it out thin enough. Next time, I may add a little more water to be able to roll it thinner.

Our younger daughter got Namaste GF flour and I used that for something recently. It tasted fine.

I have no data on BG spikes. Marissa was not here to share the pot pie and she did not indicate what happened when she ate the other GF items I had baked.