- advertisement -

Kicking myself!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by januaryblue, Nov 7, 2010.

1. januaryblue

januaryblue Approved members

SG went to a birthday party today and had a blast. She was really high (in the 500's) and we found out after that she had a glass of lemonade. That explained it! So my husband and I focusing on the high, on the lemonade and prepping dinner got her a shot of Novolog to cover everything. We thought all was good. I tested an hour and a half later just to see where she was at and still 443. Time for bed another hour and a half later and she was still 475. So I decided maybe we didn't give enough to cover dinner and gave her another 1/2 unit. Well, I was sitting around and it dawned on me that maybe we forgot to give her Lantus. Asked my husband and he didn't do it. SG yells from her bed that we didn't give her a shot in her bum! Argh!

We called into the endo to see what we should do. So mad at myself but finding solace in the fact that I'm sure we aren't the first parents to do this. :mad: But still feeling stupid!

2. januaryblue

Just got off the phone with the endo, she was extreemly gracious and understanding.

3. LenasDad

LenasDad Approved members

They must get these calls all the time...:eek: Glad you got a quick call back.

4. SunnyReid

SunnyReid Approved members

we all make mistake.. i just today got a call fom my DD school asking me ot take her pump to her.... it happens from time to time...

5. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

Oh no! You are deinitely not the first parents to do that!:eek: But, having had much discussion about this, it is way better than accidentally double dosing! (Yes that happens too!) You sound like you have a lovely endo by the way.:)

6. januaryblue

Thanks everyone.

Our main endo is a resident, and she thankfully was the one on call tonight. She's nice. We usually meet with her and then the attending comes in and meets with us too. She let me know we weren't the first one and she has had people mix up Lantus and Novolog...I pray I don't do that...but apparently I'm not above making mistakes.