- advertisement -

Keltonsmom?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Mom2Deacon, Nov 10, 2009.

1. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

I am flabbergasted. Did she get found out here, and then she left?? Or did she leave and then it was found out? I really liked her and the animal stories.

2. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

As I recall, she had mostly stopped posting here and was a presence on Facebook, which is where it really started falling apart as far as I was concerned. She was probably active in other places as well.

3. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

Damn, I had no idea. Don't I feel stupid. I was not friends with her on FB. I guess I missed most of the excitement.

The part that makes me the maddest about stuff like this is now when someone that really needs help comes on people are less likely to believe them.

4. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

wow, also had no idea.
    I wish I had that sort of time on my hands to make up a completely fake life and talk about it.

5. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

It's the legacy of the trolls and attention seekers. In the long run, it makes the rest of us smarter about the way we use the Internet.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  6. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Wow, I had no idea:eek:...but then, I only really read her posts about the animals.

7. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

Ok, I feel like a complete dork. I had no idea. I even emailed her a couple to times to check on her after she left here, claiming Mark was cheating, etc. I wish I was more like Becky! :) All of these folks get by me. :(

8. hrtmom3

hrtmom3 Approved members

Wow, no clue here. I actually liked the animal posts.

Ok, just to let everyone know......I'm not a troll:D my brain just does not work as it should at times:)

9. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

Really? Who has the time for this sort of thing?:confused:

10. KTurner52

KTurner52 Approved members

Did she make up the cats? I really liked those cats:)

11. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

Im so heart broken!!! I had no idea.. :(

12. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

I just went through and found out she had over 3000 posts and had been on here since September 07. That is a very long time to be on here just to make crap up.

I tried to go back through and I can not see any of her posts. I do have a few PM's she sent me back in January.

13. ccarrol4

ccarrol4 Approved members

WOW!!! seriously??? She sent me 2 full boxes of novolog pens with keltons name on them and some vials as well.

14. grantsmom

grantsmom Approved members

I am sad too. I guess I believe everyone.

K, can someone tell me what exactly a "troll" means? Is it someone who just posts stories to get attention??!

15. buggle

buggle Approved members

I hate these threads.

All I know is that in real life, as well as the cyber world, there are some screwed up people. Use your judgement like you would anywhere.

These threads make many forum members feel that they are under scrutiny and makes them worry that people may think they're trolls or fakes. I don't think that's a healthy environment. I also know that when people get all worked up that they can get way too overly sensitive and accuse people of being trolls who are not. I know for certain that a couple of parents were accused of being fakers when they were not -- they have children with diabetes and they desperately needed help and support. Remember back to when your child was first diagnosed and how upside down your world was -- you may not have come across like yourself.

I always believe in giving people the benefit of a doubt. Have I wasted time trying to help a person I feel now is a faker and stayed up until the middle of the night? Yeah. Oh well, that's life. I'd rather keep offering help and be played than doubt someone who may be real and need help.

For whatever it's worth, that's my opinion about all this.

16. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Let's not give KeltonsMom the attention she so obviously sought when she was here. It is not worth it.

I was very disappointed too.

17. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

My understanding is that there were elements of truth in some of what she posted.

Grantsmom, google "internet troll" and you can find many definitions.

I think Rella and Paula are right. Let this be a cautionary tale, and move on.

18. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

I do think that this thread is giving too much attention to an already proven attention hound. The issue at hand though is that she caught many people up in her stories yet only a few really knew what was going on when she got caught. When others who were not informed start wondering I do think that they have every right to know what happened, not just the select few who believe that they were the one who figured her out. I had no doubt that after she went away it would take a few months for others to wonder outloud about her. They deserve to know what happened as much as anyone else. Now that everyone knows though, it is probably time to let Teddi go. I am just glad that everyone knows the truth becuase they deserved to know just as much as anyone else.

19. Skyefire

Skyefire Approved members

Well said Rella! I agree I would rather be fooled that judge. Honestly it is the chance we all take in cyber world as well as in real life. It does upset people and make people look for any reason to think some one is not who they say they are.

20. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I agree. And for what it's worth: Some of y'all attack could-be internet trolls a lot...but have you had someone like an internet troll do that in real life? Maybe you have, maybe you haven't, but I have. She made up a bunch of lies, pretended to be my good friend, and was also dating my brother. She tore my family apart, and we've just gotten over it. It's been almost a year since everything came out. But does that make me cynical and suspicious? No. When I meet someone, I don't analyze and pick their words apart, I just trust them, just like I trusted Jennifer, because people like Jennifer aren't the kind of people that I meet everyday. People like Teddi don't come along all of the time. But people who honestly need help do.

--Emily