- advertisement -

just saying.. ! :cwds: :( :cool: :rolleyes:

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by payam7777777, Jan 12, 2013.

1. payam7777777

payam7777777 Approved members

Hey everybody,

The situation here in Iran re. pumps is getting dire since the sanctions against Iran are being 'well' executed! and even the minimed pump supplies are scarce :-|

Thanks to many friends in the States, who kindly shared/sent/.. their surplus pods, we happily switched to Omnipods about a year ago. Back then we'd generally pay for the copay/shipping to my cousin in Seattle who'd later send the pods to us.

We'll be running out of pods in a few months, so I tried some websites for acquiring pods but they're not at all reliable.

Cheers.

2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Nice to see you here Payam... Sorry to hear of the difficulties in Iran :(
    Can't help with Omnipods as not available in New Zealand.. :cwds:

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Would MM supplies be of any assistance?

4. payam7777777

we're currently on omnipod and switching back to minimed would not seem a very good choice.

thanks a lot though. :cwds:

5. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Understand ;)

Hope you can get what you need and that it won't long be so difficult.:cwds:

6. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Are you able to use expired pods? I have a few extra boxes but they expire really soon (Feb/March 2013) and I imagine shipping to Iran takes awhile. How tough is it to ship to Iran? I just googled and it appears I can use UPS. Is that correct?

I will look through my supplies when I get back to school this weekend. I haven't really been using the omnipod much because of skin issues.

7. payam7777777

You wouldnt have to ship to Iran, my cousin in the States would take care of that.

but yes, it'd take quite a few months. so, it'd have to be pods with a quite some time left before expiration.

thanks a lot though. :) :cwds: