advertisement

Just saw the most DISGUSTING thing on "The View"

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by DsMom, May 12, 2011.

1. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

I can't believe it's even real. On "The View," they were just talking about a little 8 year old girl whose mom has her compete in those awful little girl beauty pageants. I find this pretty terrible on it's own, but the mom actually injects this child in the face with Botox!! They have video of her mom doing it herself to her child---and when the child is asked why, she hesitantly says "I don't know" until her mom prompts her "For wrinkles, right?" and then the child agrees!!!!:eek:

As a mom, like all of you, who was heartbroken to have to inject and poke my child after dx--even though it is to keep him healthy--I was simply OUTRAGED to see a mother doing this to her child for the sake of "beauty"!!!! Every child is beautiful just as they are, and I can't imagine the psychological damage this so-called mother is doing to that poor little girl. That woman should be arrested for abuse and then needs serious psychological help.

Sorry to rant. I just cannot believe what some people will do so that they can live vicariously through their children.:mad:

2. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

I think that is why I don't watch shows like "the View", or any of those "doctor" shows. I just get too annoyed!!

3. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

WOW!!!!!:eek:

4. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

That is just sick. :eek::(:confused:

5. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

Just reading an article yesterday about how dangerous Botox can be and if you choose to do it to ALWAYS have it done by a doctor. Wrinkles on a child???? Poor kid.

6. monkeyschool

monkeyschool Approved members

Sad...and scary. I heard once that what we do as a generations is exponentially multiplied with every generation below ours. I can only imagine what's coming down the line as 'acceptable'

7. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I hate those beauty pageants.. those kids are all 'fake'.. they have fake teeth, fake hair, fake tans, and now botox? I would see a problem with it if there was no fake crap, just dressing the girls up and showing off their talents, what little girl doesn't like to dress up? But to add all the fake crap is just sending the wrong message.. that mom should have child abuse charged filed against her.. Botox, that makes me sick!

8. ashleesmommy

ashleesmommy Approved members

That should not be legal!! Absolutely DISGUSTING!! :mad:

9. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

That is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I needed another reason not to watch that show!!! The poor girl...I hate to see what she'll be like as a teenager! I hate those kid beauty pageants, too. Such a distorted view of fame and beauty those little girls are being indoctrinated with. It's sad.

10. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Um, the ladies of The View were also horrified. It was Good morning America that had her on for an interview:confused:

11. caspi

caspi Approved members

This is criminal, in my opinion. But then again, I also think that these beauty pageants have become criminal in the way these girls are paraded around like little dolls with the fake teeth, all the makeup, coloring of the hair, etc. These kids are going to grow up with such a warped sense of reality. :(

12. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

That is just so wrong and so very, very sad for that little girl. :(

Where does the mom get the Botox? Can anyone just buy it? :confused: That seems dangerous and I'm sure there have to be some legal ramifications.

13. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

How on the earth was she even getting the Botox? That's just ridiculous and horrible.

14. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

No kidding.. at the very least DCFS needs to be involved... and I would hope she's charged with something for injecting her child with botox. That HAS to be illegal.

15. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

There was a Today Show story recently about a seven year old girl who had ears that stuck out a touch so her mom bought her cosmetic surgery because she figured without it at some point in the future the daughter would be bullied.

Putting "bully" in the mix, even though there hadn't been any bullying, made it more palatable and she wasn't scorned like a pagaent mom would have been.

What disturbed me was not the mom, there's bad and crazy everywhere. It wasn't even the doctor, there's greed everywhere. What bugged me was the "news" commentators saying, "You can't help but be happy for her" about the little girl post-SURGERY.

There are so many things that happen that are so outrageous that are just considered normal these days, this isn't even anything.

16. etringali

etringali Approved members

Forget the just plain WRONG of it. I gotta wonder:

A) Where did she get the BOTOX

B) Practicing medicine without a license?

I hope the authorities arrest her. She needs to be away from the so called Mother. the "Mom" needs a thorough psych eval. She is abusiing this child. Mentally and physically. 8 year olds do not have wrinkles! She cannot possibly consent to this. She's 8 YEARS OLD for crying out loud!!!

C) Where's the father? What is his opinion? Is he on board with this BullPoo?

17. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Is this for real? OMG! Crazy!

18. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

All good questions...none of them answered in the View spot. Was apparently also on GMA--perhaps their story had more info...on their Web site perhaps??

BullPoo...I like that!:D

19. etringali

etringali Approved members

Trying to keep it..... clean :)

20. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

Wow......This is abuse. Even if you can inject Botox legally,mom is an aesthetician and in some states aestheticians can inject after a dr gives prescription, it should not be used on an 8 year old girl!!!.

On GMA the mom would not reveal her source other someone she trusts who is behind the dr scene. The GMA spot also mentions that Botox can benefit kids with neuromuscular disease, but to inject into a healthy child is borderline malpractice. Apparently this story will be covered on Nightline as well.