- advertisement -

Just received an interesting call from Abbott...

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by lightnng, Apr 8, 2010.

1. selketine

selketine Approved members

Well...I think it is just for people who have a broken one or are waiting for a replacement (even if the broken one is still working).

Are you willing to call them and ask? I think if they are offering the buy out to everyone - regardless of if it is broken - then I can't believe they plan to keep making it.

I guess the big test will be on May 1st when they say that sensors go back out to distributors.

2. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Yep, I have some time tomorrow afternoon and plan on calling. I'll let you know!

3. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

If it breaks after the offer is over, they will replace it if they have any by then. If they stop covering out of warranty, which I think is a real possibility, then you get insurance to pay for another one. I think that there are going to be lots more people taking the offer in the next couple of months as they have things break, so Abbott may be paying out a lot of money, and Dexcom and Minimed getting a lot more customers.

4. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Yes, last year after being 1 year on the Nav our insurance bought us one for my younger son.

5. selketine

That's good to know!

6. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

I did call Abbott this afternoon and there's nothing they are offering for me right now because ours is working. They are upgrading 2 meters though to the Freestyle lite (per my request).

I asked what happens if it breaks now that it's out of warranty and she said it goes on a case by case basis and upper management will deal with it.

I'm just going to wait it out. I think if it breaks we could have a Dex here with a few days with insurance paying for it since ours is out of warranty.

7. MHoskins2179

MHoskins2179 Approved members

Has anyone heard any updates on this, as far as Abbott being able to start selling the Navigator again? Had heard it was supposed to be Dec. 1, but that has come and gone.

8. selketine

Some folks called on Dec 1st to ask if the new Nav was ready to be shipped - of course the answer was "not yet."

I don't think Abbott has offered up any future time frame for its return. It is being sold overseas.