- advertisement -

Just a little D Humor!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by nyholli, Mar 23, 2011.

1. nyholli

nyholli Approved members

Since my daughter?s dx I have come to the conclusion that alcohol wipes are living things with legs.

It never fails... It?s 2am and the cell phone alarm is waking up everyone in the house but me, for that BS check. After my boyfriend kicks me, I crawl out of bed and head to her room. I clean her finger, test, and go to wipe and IT?s GONE! This happens to me all the time and not just in the middle of the night. I have even tried launching my own sneak attack by putting them on my shoulder, pillow, or back in the meter holder AND THEY STILL find a way to escape my eye and BOLT.

The best part is that they actually think it is funny to pop up where ever they feel like it, as if it were pay back for being abandoned during a game of hide and seek. Seriously, I find wipes everywhere. They are on the floor, in the couch, coat pockets, the floor of my car, my bed, dirty laundry and I have even washed & dryed a few. I just found one stuck in the drain of the kitchen sink. Are you kidding me? The drain?

Now, the wipe war is back on! Watch out Mr. Wipe cause you have just messed with the wrong Wiper! :)

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I think they're related to the test strips. Those end up in the oddest places too.:)

3. mocha

mocha Approved members

My husband calls it "diabetes confetti" :D

4. Ashti

Ashti Approved members

DD always leaves her alcohol wipes, packaging, used test strips in her test kit - so at the end of the day it is FULL of used stuff. It used to make me wonder and drove me a little crazy - why not throw it away - why collect it all!?

So, thank you for putting this into perspective for me. It could be all over the house - Instead it is all in one place and easy for me to transfer into the garbage at the end of the day..:cwds:

5. Lize

Lize Approved members

The little test stips really are everywhere! The other day I went to the school to try and sort out some problems. On my way to the principle's office, I see a test strip lying on the ground. As my dd is the only one with the disease in her school, I'm sure it had to be hers! :D Diabetic confetti - I like that a lot:p:p

6. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

There's one test strip lying in my front yard thing. I am leaving it there, hoping it takes roots and grow into a big test strip plant. I'll share, though, if this happens.:D

7. FloridaMom

FloridaMom Approved members

I've walked around with one stuck to my butt. Nice!

8. caspi

caspi Approved members

We once had a test strip stuck to the outside back window of one of our cars. It stayed there for weeks!! It became kind of a science experiment, lol!

9. MommaRetta

MommaRetta Approved members

I love it!!!! :D

We can call it the 'Diabetes Confetti' Tree. Can't remember now who originally called it that but I LOVE it!
    We have 'confetti' all over our house too. Amazing little touches of decoration, huh?? :rolleyes:

( walking away humming, 'You are not alone'.... :eek: )

10. Rusty

Rusty Approved members

Never really had much problem with the wipes but the strips turn up everywhere. My son was dx'd at a very young age. I remember once when i was changing his diaper I found one between his cheeks..

11. bibrahim

bibrahim Approved members

My CWD found a strip in the doggie poop when she was doing yard cleanup!

12. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

If that glucose strip grows into a glucose strip tree let me know. I am always trying to save money.

13. manda81

manda81 Approved members

We never have issues with the wipes, but the strips.... OMG THE STRIPS! They are literally everywhere. My friend found one in her office, over an hour away.

My son wasn't even with me that day. :confused: lol

14. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

I find this too. Kayla's ultralink meter looks like it is being eaten away by something and it just dawned on me that it is because she puts the alcohol wipes back in the case and they end up against the meter.