- advertisement -

Jonas Brothers!!!

Discussion in 'Teens' started by iluvnickjonas, May 27, 2008.

1. lulu

lulu Approved members

Yes I think you should show them the whole thread if you want to. Also make sure that you are going shopping soon, because if you do have diabetes you don't want to mess around and you want to go to the doctor immediately!!!! What were your symptoms again??? Are they getting better or worse??? :// Hope all goes well, hang in there!!!

Megan

2. iluvnickjonas

iluvnickjonas Approved members

ASAP! Believe me. I got a call from my friend "Splenda Brenda", and she wanted to know if everything is okay. I told her yeah, but obviously she can read me like a book, and threatened to go on an insulin strike! OMJ! But, I've been switching between the forums and different sites, comparing pros, cons, and prices! I told her, and she said if I don't go shopping ASAP, she'll come back from California and go with me! She was dead serious! Oh well. Good to know I have people watching out for me. What brand do you recommend I get?

3. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Yes definitely let us know what you find out!! Go ahead and show them this thread if you want to. We lived being diagnosed with diabetes and I know that I wish I'd been diagnosed sooner than I was cause then I would've felt better faster. Most of your symptoms were my symptoms. I attributed them all to marching band :p. Although I always wondered why I'd be so thirsty ALL DAY LONG.

4. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

OneTouch UltraMini. They're small, and only 18-20 dollars at most Walmart/Walgreens.

5. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

You could try talking to your school nurse and she would probably call your parents. Let them get on here and look around- especially the parents section even let them make a post if they want to hear parents responses. Along with printing out symptoms, highlight every one you have. I hope it isnt D, but you really need to get checked. "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best" I'm praying for you to find the courage to speak up, your parents to take you seriously, and your doctor to figure out whats up D or no D and get you feeling better asap. Please let us know what the results are even if it isnt D, we're all very concerned.
    <3 Rae

6. iluvnickjonas

Thanks!

With you guys and my friends from school/church, I know I'm gonna make it! And if it is D, well, I won't have to live without it, just without the fear!:)

7. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Right!! Good Luck!! Remember: There is nothing to fear but fearful elves (LOL I got that from a lil kid...)

8. iluvnickjonas

Well...

I can't go shopping, but do you think it'd be a good idea to leave a letter to my parents on their bed?:confused:

9. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

Yes. Anything that you feel comftorbal doing...you should deffinantly do! Maybe leave the letter as well as the highlighted list of the symptoms you are having. That might get them to act a little faster, and believe you more. Good luck!!!! I hope you get some answers soon!!

10. iluvnickjonas

Results soon to come...

Well, wish me luck. I'm gonna leave the note after I post this, and I promise on chocolate peanut butter cups (my little brother said that) I will post results!

11. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!:cwds: You are doing the right thing, and helping yourself a lot in the process!!! Great job!! PLEASE keep us posted!! Good luck once again!:)

12. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Good luck!! LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!

13. iluvnickjonas

Well, all I gotta do is wait...

I put the letter where my mom would see it. She hasn't responded, but...I fell asleep like 5 minutes after my last post, and have been alternating between TV, drinking, eating, and sleeping while at home. I wonder why she hasn't replied...?:confused:

14. NoName

NoName Approved members

Have you been losing any weight?

15. iluvnickjonas

I'm not sure...our scale broke, but we might get a new one. I'll keep ya posted on that.

16. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Another way to tell would be if your clothes are feeling looser.

17. iluvnickjonas

They definitely are...Hmm. My mom's home now, I might show her this. Or probably leave another note.

18. NoName

NoName Approved members

Just please ask her to take you to a doctor.
    If it is Diabetes, you don't want to mess around!
    It's serious.
    Go see your school nurse if your mom won't take you.
    Just please do anything you can.

19. iluvnickjonas

Believe me, I've learned how serious it is. My friend (Splenda Brenda) e-mailed me with information, and didn't bother softening it for me. I was shocked to learn what could happen if I have it and am not diagnosed! The only problem with my school nurse, she won the unofficial "Person To Make The Most Misdiagnoses Award". Aren't my friends and I so nice to be honest? She misdiagnosed Caitlin's food poisoning as flu, and Caitlin missed a day of school-her award day! She also thinks, every time I go, that I'm faking! I've only been there once! I don't know...

20. NoName

NoName Approved members

Where do you live? ((State wise)).
    You need to get tested.
    Just tell your mom.
    Show her this forum.
    Please.