- advertisement -

Jonas Brothers!!!

Discussion in 'Teens' started by iluvnickjonas, May 27, 2008.

1. iluvnickjonas

iluvnickjonas Approved members

Okay, I feel like talking about the Jonas Brothers. BTW, I'm OJD!:D So, anyways, aren't they hotness? Especially Nick. My friend Imani and I call them "Gods of Hawtness"! No bad comments about JB! Oh, and, um, I have a friend who's diabetic. One day she said, "Megan, you have all the symptoms I had." Uh-oh...I don't wanna tell my mom/dad 'cause they'll say I'm imagining things. Could you PLEASE help? Thanks!
    JB 4EVER!
    Future Mrs. Nick Jonas...He just doesn't know it yet!
    Peace.Love.Jonas.
    I've got OJD type 4...but it only goes up to type 3. Dun-dun-dun!

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  2. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

If your friend thinks you have diabetes, get them to test your sugar!!

3. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Talk to your parents
    do some research: print out a list of D symptoms and highlight everyone that you have and show it to them
    ask your friend to test you
    ask you friend for a keytone stick
    You need to see a doctor as soon as possible if you're having symptoms
    and btw i like the jonas bros also- prolly only because of Nick

4. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Seriously I've never heard of the Jonas Bros except b/c that Nick has diabetes and I think he's cool for not keeping it a secret and letting everyone know. That takes some guts there.

5. iluvnickjonas

I really think Nick is cool for not keeping it a secret,too. Thanks for the advice, but if there is any way w/o telling my parents...I'd like that. THANKS!!!
    Future Mrs. Nick Jonas...he just doesn't know it yet!

6. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

You could have your friend let you check your blood sugar, and give you ketone strips, to see if you have ketones, although even if you get one normal bg result, it doesn't mean you are not diabetic. I'm sorry, but sooner or later, you are going to need to tell your parents, even if they don't believe you. This could be serious, and they are the ones who are going to need to help you! You could tell your parents that you know something is wrong, but you are not quite sure what. You should probably go to the doctor and maybe have an a1c done. This would tell what your average blood sugar was over 3 months. Good luck, but I think you probably need your parents help on this one!

7. iluvnickjonas

Thanks SO Much!

Bad news...today was my friend's last day at school! I can't check my blood sugar. Hmm...how to tell my parents? I'd like to tell them something is wrong, but...my parents...my mom just says the nausea is probably a side affect of a medication I'm taking, but...the problem is, I haven't been taking the medication, and I'm still nauseous, but she says I can't skip medication, so I can't tell her! Hmph.
    Oh well... You guys are very supportive! Thanks so much. It's good to know my friends at school & church aren't the only ones telling me to tell my parents.

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  8. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

what exact symptoms are you having?

9. iluvnickjonas

Symptoms and stuff

Trips to the bathroom every three minutes, I'm up to (NOT AN EXAGGERATION) 37-ish cups of water a day, TIRED ALL THE TIME, increased appetite, blurred vision(I used to be able to sit in the back of the classroom. Now I'm in the very front b/c my teachers are getting mad that I can't read the words.), nauseous all the time, and plenty of irritability. My friend says if I don't tell my parents within a week, they're gonna tell my mom & dad to schedule an a1c, or something like that. I don't know what to do!:( My brother found out from my friend, and he's threatening the same thing. What's wrong w/ me?
    Future Mrs. Nick Jonas...he just doesn't know it yet.

10. NoName

NoName Approved members

Yeahhh that definetly sounds like Diabetes. I hope it's just nothing but that's very worry-some.
    TELL YOUR PARENTS.
    Seriously.
    Do it now.

11. iluvnickjonas

That's the problem. I'm afraid they're gonna say "How do you know?", and since my BFF moved away, I can't tell them, "Oh, my friend who moved away just the other day who has diabetes told me I had the symptoms she had." If I was a parent, I wouldn't believe it! Okay, if it was me, I might. But not MY mom and dad. WAH! What the heck is WRONG? WHY DON'T I HAVE COURAGE?:eek:

12. lulu

lulu Approved members

I would really tell your parents, so if it is which I hope it is not it can be treated immediately!!!! I think your parents would take you if they knew how worried you are and sound. I think you should tell them and check just to be sure! :]]]

Megan

tell me what you decide :]

13. iluvnickjonas

My Problem...

I think my problem is...I know I have it (you know that "gut instinct"?), and I know my parents might believe me, but...I DON'T WANT TO HAVE DIABETES! My friend's moving away b/c of her diabetes! She's doing a study 4 diabetes. My problem is I can't face the reality.:(

14. lulu

lulu Approved members

You could go to a local walgreens or walmart or any drugstore and pick up a cheap meter to test and see for yourself ahead of time. I am not sure if that is a good idea or not though. Well if you think about it you have to face the reality sooner or later though, not trying to be tough on you... just before things get worse. I totally understand what you mean though!

Megan

15. iluvnickjonas

I understand what you're saying, and I know I'm going to have to face reality sooner or later, but, I'd rather it be later! At 1:30 A.M. I got a phone call from my friend saying, "Six more days." Crazy calling at 1:30 A.M., right? Do you know how much the cheap meters are?:confused:

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  16. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

You could probably get a meter for under $20...but i'm not sure. You really need to tell your parents especially since you have been naucious! The nausia could mean that you have ketones, and ketones are VERY dangerous! Maybe you could talk with your brother, and he could help you tell your parents. Good luck, but they NEED to know, if they believe you or not, make them take you to the doctor!!!! If you have diabetes, they will believe you sooner or later, and on this one, sooner is much better!

17. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Yeah u can pick up a OneTouch UltraMini for like 18 bucks at Walmart or Walgreens. They come with 10 strips/lancets and instructions. You need to tell your parents ASAP (you know ketone sticks aren't even 10 bucks, cheaper and you can know in just one test). You don't want to end up in the ER. I don't want to scare you, but undiagnosed diabetes can even put you in ICU if you're not careful. It'd be easier just to say, "Hey, mom, I REALLY think something is wrong with me, can you just take me to the dr just in case? I'm tired of worrying!" She'd probably take you. Pull up a lot of Diabetes symptoms info and show it to your parents. I know you really don't want an "official" diagnosis, but it'll make you feel A LOT BETTER and LESS SICK!!! Believe me!

18. lulu

lulu Approved members

I totally agree! Once you get insulin and get hydrated with water you feel soooo much better!!!! I really think you should tell your parents immediately!!!! I know they would understand :]]!!

Megan

19. iluvnickjonas

Okay...Starting!

Okay, I'm gonna test myself first. I'm going shopping as soon as possible. I'm also printing out a list of symptoms. Any more ideas? I'll post w/ more results later. Should I show them the whole thread...?

20. lulu

lulu Approved members

That makes me so happy!!! YAY!!!! When do you think you are going shopping??? Keep me posted!!!!!

Megan