- advertisement -

Jonas Bros. on Oprah today!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mischloss, Jul 24, 2008.

1. mischloss

mischloss Approved members

I have TiVo-ed it but saw the commercial for this the other day. Hope you all are catching it now (on the east coast) and can fill us in if they discuss D.

:cwds:

2. moco89

moco89 Approved members

OMG, I'm totally am going to watch it this afternoon!

3. moco89

moco89 Approved members

The TV's out because we are having a torrential downpour thanks to the storms produced by Hurricane Dolly. I'm like 300 miles from where it hit, but the rain still affects us. :(

4. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

I have it on now. How cool is that.. I yelled to Britt the Jonas Bros are on.. She has them hanging on her wall.

5. MelissaC

MelissaC Approved members

Did they talk about D? Just curious...

Am I imagining it or is T1 getting a little more coverage thanks to people like Nick Jonas.... and then lets not forget the basketball player whose little boy was just diagnosed (sorry his name escapes me right now)

We need people like this to help raise awareness - I hope they can and will:cwds:

6. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

I caught the tail end of the show when their little brother was talking.. what a little cutie with his bow tie...:D

7. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

I assume this was a re-run. :( So if it was, no they didn't talk about D.

8. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

I saw some of it, missed some of the beginning, not sure how much. When I started watching it the mom was talking and then it showed them eating breakfast in a hotel room as a family. Then they were talking to Oprah on stage and then the live song. No mention of D at any point.

9. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

Nope, no mention of D :(. I loved the dad's comment about raising them as men, fathers, etc. and how it is more important to bring them up to be good people (something like that). Anyone have the exact quote? I loved what he said, but I didn't write it down. What a nice family! Thank you for the heads-up so I could watch the show.

10. mischloss

mischloss Approved members

No mention of D

No mention of D. I watched the whole thing. Disappointed that they couldn't even have a little bit on it. I would have meant a lot to get the word out there with the ratings that Oprah usually carries. :(