- advertisement -

Joining the Community! (finally!)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by buggle_son, Feb 26, 2012.

1. buggle_son

buggle_son New Member

Hello everyone! I am Brendan! :) I was diagnosed March 2008.

I was using Navigator for November 2008 through January 2011. It started falling apart, piece by piece.:mad: I started Omnipod July 2009 and have been using it since. I got a Dexcom February 2011 and have been using it since, but would rather have a Navigator.:(

My mom is Rella (buggle). I like video games and have an interest in robotics. I like electronics, especially when I'm using an Arduino. I don't like diabetes, obviously, but I don't think its the worst thing that could happen. At least you get to eat candy as a medicine!:D

Finally joining is fun!

2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Hi Brendan! It's good to see you on CWD. :) I'm Emma, and I was diagnosed with type 1 in July 2007 when I was 14 (I'm 19 now). I pump with the Medtronic 522, and also use the Medtronic continuous glucose monitor. I agree that diabetes isn't great, but it's not the worst thing in the world either. :)

I hope you enjoy being on the forums, feel free to post with any questions or anything else that you want to say.

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Hi Brendan, good to see you:) My son Steven was dxd when he was 3 and will be 11 next month. His latest passion is Minecraft! That is a computer game that I guess is all the rage for teens and pre-teens. He also loves Wii and getting outside

4. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

Hi!
    My son is 10. He has had type 1 since he was 5. He is in 4th grade this year. He also uses an omnipod and dexcom. He never tried the navigator, but really likes the current systems too.

He likes to play with bakugans and beyblades. He also likes getting special candy when he goes low, and getting to keep juice boxes at his desk at school.

5. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Hi Brendan!

Welcome to CWD :cwds:

My Maddie is 14 and was dx'd in 02, she plays guitar and lacrosse. How are you doing on the drums? ( I know your mom;)) Until Maddie started playing in a band I hadn't really understood how much drummers do to make a song, but now I do!

I like your attitude. Yes, living with Type 1 can be hard, it's not the worst thing ;) I think Maddie feels the same (most days).

Hope to see you around!

6. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Hi Brendan!
    Its great to see you here. Maybe you can get the kids/teen boards moving a bit!

My daughter Rachel is 10 and she would LOVE an Omnipod. She loves her Cozmo, but like the Navigator it is no longer produced and we will have to change..

Again Hi - All the way from New Zealand to you.. :cwds:

7. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

HI Brendan!

Glad you joined. My daughter is a little younger than you. She'll be 9 on tuesday. She wears a Minimed pump and an omnipod (not at the same time though. :)).

8. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Hi Brendan. My daughter Reann was dx'd in 1998 at the age of 13. She is almost 27 now and is married. I don't live far from you now as I moved to Aurora, CO a little over 2 yrs ago. LIke someone else said, maybe you can get the teen board active again. Welcome to CWD

9. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

Hi Brendan, I'm jess=)
    I'm going to be 17 next month, I'm on the animas ping and I've had d for two years... your right d, is definatly not eh worst thing that could happen...

10. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Hi Brendan! My son's a college freshman. I salute all you kids living with Type 1.

And your mom ROCKS!

11. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Hi Brendan, welcome to CWD!:)

My oldest is 8 now, and wears a MM522. He likes math a lot, and plays chess now, which is annoying since I don't understand how to play it, so he wins every time. :rolleyes:

It's great seeing you on board!

12. Niaz

Niaz Approved members

Hi Brendan! Welcome to cwd :) I'm new here too:)
    I'm Niaz,20, and have had T1d for 54 months.I have 3 shots every day. I hated having D, but now every thing is OK.

The person with diabetes who knows the most, lives the longest.:cool:;)
    Dr. Elliott Joslin

Niaz:cwds:

13. buggle_son

buggle_son New Member

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! CWD should be a great place to talk with people who have D.

14. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

Welcome Brendan! My son is through college and working full time now - all grown up! :cwds: It's great to see you connecting with others here. Wishing you all life's best!! :)

15. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Hi Brendan...my son was diagnosed a few months after you...in September '08. He's only 7 now...but maybe you'll still be posting in a few years and will be one of the people giving him advice!

Welcome!:)

16. buggle

buggle Approved members

Thanks, everyone, for welcoming Brendan to the fold. If this place were a video game, I'm sure he'd be on every waking minute... :p