- advertisement -

JELLO (first time...)

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Tweety8, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Tweety8

Tweety8 Approved members

Hi - is there any "secret" I should know about jello (1/4 cup = 9g carbs)... Bacon which should be free, always raises my daugther and I always have to bolus her for 4g per slice of bacon. So this is the first time she has ever had jello in her life and I will bolus her for the correct amount, unless...

??

2. yota_96

yota_96 Approved members

We just use sugar free jello and it is a freebie to him. He loves it and we don't have to worry about the carbs...
    :)

Jared, 5 yrs old, Dx 9/18/08

3. Our3girls

Our3girls Approved members

Same here (sugar free) and if you put a little bit of whip cream on top the kids think it is great!!

4. momtoirishtwins

momtoirishtwins Approved members

We were told no regular jello, only sugar free. I cant tell any difference, in fact we have bought sugar free (pre-dx) instead of regular for a long time.

5. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

We do sugar free Jell-O as well...I think there is sugar free, orange, lemon, lime, raspberry, and maybe a mixed fruit or something. No grape or blueberry (I wrote to Jell-0 for a list of their sugar free jellos). Walmart has their own brand of sugar free jello and it's much less expensive ... even their Jell-O brand Jell-O is less than most grocery stores.

6. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

We also do sugar free jello. sometimes we had some whip cream. 2 tablespoons is 1 carb (great value can version).

7. Mom of 15 yr old

Mom of 15 yr old Approved members

We eat Sugar Free - great taste and free snack. We all love it. We eat sugar free pudding too.

8. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We always do sugar free jello. Has anyone ever felt the difference in weight between a box of regular jello and sf?:eek:
    I agree Walmart has a good selection of flavors for a much lower price!

Have you given her the bacon alone or is it always given with something?

9. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

We do the sugar free jello..free food...:)

10. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Oh and we also find that SF Jello doesn't cause stomach discomfort like many other SF foods.

11. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

We have eaten regular jello and just treat according to the package carbs. No problems.