- advertisement -

Jdrf

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by NomadIvy, Jul 28, 2010.

1. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Does anyone know anybody from JDRF? I wrote to thema nd never got a response. I was asking about a chapter here in Japan, or if it's possible to start one here, or do a walk here and start raising awareness of Type 1 Diabetes here, and raise funds for research.

2. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

Our chapter here in Cleveland, Ohio has been very responsive every time I have called or needed their help. Here is their email address, hope it helps:
    northeastohio@jdrf.org. The woman I was in touch with here, her name is Rosie. Good luck.

3. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Where did you contact someone? A chapter in a given state won't be able to help you. You need to make sure you are contacting someone from JDRF International. good luck

4. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

You would also hope that if someone from a local chapter received a letter/phone call etc, someone could point the person in a right direction as well. I hope you get some answers!! :)

5. Skyefire

Skyefire Approved members

I am outreach chair here, so have met many of our head office folks. I would contact JDRF international, from what I know there is not a JDRF chapter in Japan. My guess would be..the very strick rules and regulations of the country. I have added the contact information for JDRF international feel free to get in touch with them, they be able to help.

http://www.jdrf.org/index.cfm?page_id=100687

If you are looking for a support group, you could always start one yourself. :)

6. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I hope you get answers soon.

Meanwhile, can you persuade the Japan Diabetes Society to start a T1 D chapter in your area?? Maybe this would be easier?

Good luck.

7. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

There are also other worthy groups that you could support.:cwds: DRI, ADA, Dr. Faustman to name a few. JDRF isn't the only game in town these days.;)