- advertisement -

JDRF Walk...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mom2Deacon, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Mom2Deacon

Mom2Deacon Approved members

Hi guys. I have never done a diabetes walk before. I heard that there will be one this weekend at a local park. Do we have to be registered to go? Do we have to have a lot of donations behind us? I don't want to be a crasher to one of these but I do want to go.

--Sara

2. phil413

phil413 Approved members

Yes, you need to register, it only takes a couple of minutes and everything is free. Here is the link:

http://walk.jdrf.org

You can search by location for your specific walk.

Have fun!!

3. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

Register so they can get a count as to how many people are there. It doesnt matter if you raise $2 or $20000.

Definately go and have a great time. Their are usually venders there (meter companies and pump people). Usually you can get freebies. and most importantly, it I will be alot of fun for the kids.

4. CC'sMom

CC'sMom Approved members

Our walk was last Sunday. I registered us on Friday. We didn't do a big team or ask for donations. I just made a family donation. My girls and I had a blast. Everyone was extremely nice and there was a bag lunch afterwards. We are excited to do it up big for next year.

My only little disappointment was that there was no vendors there. No booths etc....

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Do we have to be registered to go?
    You really should as it helps the walk committee track how many people have attended. Also, if you are a registered walker and raise $100 you get a tee shirt.

Do we have to have a lot of donations behind us?
    Nope! Every penny no mater how big or how small counts!

Definitely go, it's fun and great for the kids.