- advertisement -

JDRF awareness colors?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Reagan's Mama, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Reagan's Mama

Reagan's Mama Approved members

I am making flip flops for a fundraiser and was wondering if anyone has seen JDRF fabric, or a make your own fabric?

Also, the awareness ribbons for JDRF, are they blue?

Thanks!

2. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

I *thought* that JD awareness was garnet colored... I could be wrong.

3. vallecito93

vallecito93 Approved members

I know the bracelets are blue, so I would imagine the ribbons would be. Also I have not see fabric like that but I know you can buy that printable fabric and use their logo or iron-ons. But that might not work for the flip flops. Cute idea you have though!

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

the 'offical' color is grey.. but you could always use the colors of the sneakers, red, green and blue.. I know a lot of JDRF stuff is blue..

how are you making the flip flops?

5. Reagan's Mama

Reagan's Mama Approved members

we are using regular flip flops and then adding tied pieces of fabric, beads, boa pieces, etc. to pretty them up. The cost to make them is pretty inexpensive. I am hoping to start selling them to raise money for our walk this year.

6. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

[​IMG]

This is the ribbon I found that I put in my signature on my website. Hope its helpful.

:) Kris

7. shirley83006

shirley83006 Approved members

it is confusing. i know i have a blue colored bracelets from JDRF but i have seen awareness ribbons in gray and i have seen them in red. they should really have one color really. just like breast cancer. is always pink. and cancer is yellow. autism i think is blue

8. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

Grey? That's the color? How uplifting! ;)

9. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

Looks more like a silvery blue to me :)

10. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

the original color was blue then when they anounced a diabetes day the color turned to grey because blues was already taken there is also a blood drop on the ribbons

11. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

That is cool flip flops. I made the bracelets with Red crystals, gray and clear.

This is the saying I used at attached a little card to them as people donated they got one. Needless to say I have made 35 of them. Any left overs I will give out here to you all free..

Please wear this bracelet to support my Cure for Diabetes

The color Gray symbolizes the diabetes awareness
    the color Red symbolizes the blood drops to check my sugar levels 6-8 times a day
    The Clear symbolizes the insulin I take to stay alive
    The awareness ribbon is to Help Cure Diabetes
    Made with love by: Brittney and Tracy​

12. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Grey is the color...boring!

One thing about using the colors of the sneakers, the are very similiar to the Autism Awareness colors. So, maybe you could embroider JDRF on them? Or could you get some JDRF walk tee's and use those for the fabric? I know for a fact that most JDRF offices have a ton of left over shirts, maybe they would donate them to you?

13. kemjris

kemjris Approved members

We sold flip-flops for last years walk. We made them in a variety of different colors and styles. They were very good sellers. We bought the flip flops for $1.00 and added different colored ribbon. We tied small pieces of ribbons around to cover all of the rubber. We sold them for $5.00 a pair and people were ordering them. It was great! We sold them at our local Friendly's during our Family Fun Night fundraiser.

14. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

Do you have a pic of the bracelets? I dont wear flip flops but do wear bracelets and would be interested in one!!

:) Kris

15. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

We have orange max-life JDRF awareness bracelets we wear like this one http://www.jdrf.org/index.cfm?page_id=107147. I saw one of the American Idol contestants with an orange something on his wrist - gosh which guy was it? David Cook - and the orange bracelet was not the JDRF one - it was for leukemia awareness.

I realize we're talking a different kind of bracelet, but just throwing this out there.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  16. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Kris,

I will take a picture of the bracelets tonight and put it on the boards to show ya.

My daughter 9 and I made the bracelets it's not too expensive, but all my friends love them, even the nurses and teachers at her school.

17. AP-Mom

AP-Mom Approved members

The red ribbons are associated with ADA, as far as I have seen and the lovely gray :rolleyes: for Type 1/JDRF.

Great idea for a fundraiser!

Thoover: I love the poem with your bracelets. Very creative!

18. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

Cute idea! I think grey might be the perfect color after all since so much of diabetes care is not black and white - it's grey. Always changing and evolving.

Amy

19. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Here is the bracelet that you wanted to see.