- advertisement -

Janie's H1N1 Story

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by *Shannon, Oct 17, 2009.

1. hrtmom3

hrtmom3 Approved members

Hope both of you are feeling better soon. Sounds like a scary situation but also sounds like Janie was very well taken care of.

2. Lee

Lee Approved members

Oh no!!!! I am just glad that the endo took you seriously and the hospital took you seriously, and that everything turned out to be ok!!!!! I hope you both start to feel better soon!

3. shekov

shekov Approved members

Way to go MOM! you did a great job. Hope you both start feeling better soon.

4. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

I agree with everyone else. It sounds like it was very scary but you did great! I hope you both feel better very, very soon.

5. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

I am glad everyone is home.

How did you get treated in the hospital while your daughter was sick? I mean, were they helpful and did they let you rest, offer you food, check on you? I feel like I always have to have this game plan in my head and I never once considered what would happen if I got sick while in the hospital with Westin.

6. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

I agree.

We, as parents, have information that can assist the hospital and get things moving in the right direction. Asking key questions (IV availability, insulin management, etc) helps with a mutual sharing of information and cooperation.

I hope you are both on the mend real soon.

7. mollgirl

mollgirl Approved members

I am glad you are both starting to feel better. You handled everything so well. Good job.