"It's in the best interest of the patient..." NOT!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MomofSweetOne, Jul 9, 2018.

  1. MomofSweetOne

    MomofSweetOne Approved members

    Aug 28, 2011
    I just watched Tandem's interview the Basal-IQ. Their decision to not roll out the Basal IQ with G5 benefits THEM, not us. It saves an FDA submission (stated in the interview) and an additional rollout. In the meantime, we're dealing with teens that are busy working insane hours with no consistent schedules, who sleep like the dead and don't wake until countless phone calls when Share alerts me to 55 & belows. Exactly how is it in OUR best interest to have to wait until November to upgrade?

    And her comment in response to the question (not mine, but same situation of having ordered G5 because of being told that's what Basal IQ would roll out with and now not being able to reorder until November) was that you could CHOOSE to wait to upgrade.

    They are completely out of touch with their customer's needs. We paid the $300 OOP upgrade to the X2 specifically to have Basal IQ for college. Now she won't have it until the end of the semester. I wish I'd saved my $300 and put it toward tuition.

    I am looking forward to the release of the DANA pump or OpenOmni. We wouldn't recommend Tandem to anyone at this point.
    rgcainmd likes this.

Share This Page


  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice