- advertisement -

It's been FOREVER

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by malyssa, Oct 30, 2009.

1. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I just realized that I haven't been on here in over a month :eek::(
    I have been so busy with school and work that it's rediculis. I'm taking 16 credits this current semester, and working 30+ hours a week. So, I really don't have much free time. I hope I can start getting on more often, and I promise to try my hardest.

But I just wanted to say that I miss everyone so much, and I hope you're all well. :cwds:

Malyssa

2. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Hey Malyssa,
    It is good to hear from you. 16 credits and working 30 hrs/wk would definitely keep you busy! Check in when you can.
    All is well by me. I went to my new endo clinic yesterday. I think I love them already :)

3. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Hey Malyssa,
    glad to hear all is going well. Sounds like you are uber busy.
    That is a lot of credits, I only have 13 this semester.
    What classes are you taking?

4. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Yeah, not much free time, lol. I'm glad everything is going well for you! And that is GREAT! I am so happy you found an endo team that you love, and on the first try!? So happy for you! =) I will def try and check in more often.

Haha, yes, but being busy is a good thing...sometimes, lol. Mhm, it is kind of a lot. I'm taking;

English
    General Psychology
    Western CIV (a history class)
    Biology
    Statistics

next semester is going to be a killer for me though! two labs, 6 credit math....ahhhhh!
    Anyway, how's everything going for you?

5. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I was wondering where you went!! That's a lot of hours...both college and work!! I'm taking 12 hours, and I sub at the primary school when I can, and I go crazy sometimes!!

6. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Two labs is a lot, isn't it? Good Luck Malyssa!!!
    Wow, that must be a tough math class, but I'm sure you will do fine :)
    I'm doing pretty good. Having a hard time with checking the bg's, but I'm doing pretty good.
    I'm taking:
    Basic Psychology
    Elementary Algebra
    World Religions
    A class that all freshman and first years have to take
    and Writing 110
    I love living at college.
    Anyways, I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well, and good luck!

7. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

haha. yes. life is busy, but thats a good thing, right? :cool:

I'm having enough problems with one lab! Haha. It's just that it's a lot of work for science, you know? Well, I mean, all college classes have a pretty heavy work load (most of them anyway) but sciences are just rediculous in the exam department. I've gotten two B's on my both of my exams for my biology class, and I have an A in lab, which gets added in for 20% of my final biology grade so...I'm hoping that I come out with a nice B, possibly an A if I do well on my last exam and my final. The math class is a combined course of college algebra I and II in one semester, specifically for science and math majors. It meets three times a week instead of two, and for almost two hours at a time, so it'll be a lot of time in math and science this spring, lol.
    Awe! Don't worry, it's not only you with the bg thing. It's like I either forget, or I'm so busy that I forget...yeah, either way, I seem to forget a lot. I really gotta get on that (not to mention I'm going for blood work tomorrow because I have an endo appt. next friday).
    You seem like you're taking cool classes too! World religions seems interesting! And of course psych is a fascinating subject to study!
    Living at college seems like a good time, haha. Everyone seems to love it. I'm not away yet, going to do my two years here and go from there as I am still undecided on what I want to do. I did really want to be a pdei endo, but I'm not so sure anymore.I was looking at biomedical engineering which seems really cool and totally perfect for my geek brain, but then there's pharmacy too...ahhhhhhhh! Decisions, decisions! Thank you.
    I hope to hear from you soon and good luck to you too! I've really missed all of you!

*oh, uhm...sorry for writing you a book! :eek::rolleyes::p

8. s0ccerfreak

I have 16 credits and am working some so I am keeping busy too. But I am loving life at college. You better show up more often becuase you were definitely missed. I will start filling your pm box up if you go mia like that again :cwds:

Before I even went to this new clinic I had a feeling that it would be a good would because of how I "found" them. I didn't do much looking. We talked to my old pedi about were to go for a pcp and she mentioned a really good doc who happened to do endocrine and pcp. She couldn't say enough good things about her. My pedi emailed her and kindly asked her to take me as a patient and said that I was wonderful (she left out all of the weird things that happen to me). All I had to do was make the appointment. I was really worried about finding a good clinic and I am amazed at how it worked out. I will just say that I did nothing. The only thing I can say is that God is good; He knew what I needed and took care it.

9. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

You too! It's craziness, right! The first few weeks I thought I was going to lose my mind! Definitely more work than I expected, haha. Oh, I definitely will be showing up more. It was hard because not only am I busy, but about a month ago, my laptop just stopped working. Thought it was the hard drive, but it was more, and I was left computerless! I was using my family members laptops, but I felt bad taking up a lot of time on them you know? So anyway, I bought another laptop over the weekend and now at least I have a computer back to do schoolwork and visit all of you again! So glad you're loving college too! It really is SO much better than high school. Haha, I know, at one point I had so many pms, I felt to bad. Sorry guys. :eek:

That's really cool though. I love how you say "she left out all the weird things that happen to me) haha. :D I'm sure they'll love you just as much as your pedi endo did! Really happy for you, and yes, God was definitely watchin out for ya!! :)

10. s0ccerfreak

It wasn't the ped endo, it was my regular ped. We did inform the new NP that I tend to break pumps frequently for unkown reasons :eek:

Yes, yes craziness, but good craziness mostly. I've got 2 classes that keep me on my toes. I enjoy one of the others and the other two seem like a waste most days (but whatever I'm getting credits for them) And what is it with laptops breaking? Mine broke around the end of senior year. I couldn't stand not being able to get on a computer to do my work or just surf the web whenever. During the summer, I bought a new laptop and we got the old one fixed for my dad. The old one died again in september! Somehow my dad convinced the company to fix it even though it was out of warantee and now it works again.

11. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Ohhhh. Hmm, well, it's still awesome! Hahaha. Pump breaking. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it is a good craziness, and I hear ya on the classes that feel like a waste, aka the history and math I'm taking. They bore me greatly, lol. I know! Laptops are a pain in the butt, and yup, totally lost without one. And it's like, I loved my old one, because it was smaller and had better battery life. But the one I got now is nice, bigger, but its nice. My friends tried to convince me to buy a mac, but I think I'll stick with pc for now. :) That sucks that it broke again. I would have freaked out! However, your dad must have def said the right things if he got them to fix it again, and it works!

Ok, now off for bloodwork and then class! :rolleyes: