- advertisement -

Its been a loooong time since I posted...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by hughsfan30, Apr 24, 2009.

1. hughsfan30

hughsfan30 Approved members

Hello all!
    I hope you are doing well. Its probably been close to a year since I last posted on here. I dont know about the rest of you but so far our 2009 has NOT been a good one.
    Many of you may remember me with the now 14 year old Jacob, I came to this forum 2 years ago having experienced my first hypoglycemic seizure with Jacob...well we got to have another one this year..a first anyway...in the hospital with dka!:(
    Actually since the first of the year my DH lost his mom in February, then in March Jacob was in the hospital, then this month about 2 weeks a go my best friend of 17 years passed away very unexpectedly.
    So yea..its been grand!
    Anyway Jacob was in the hospital for three days and while in the ER he wanted me to take pics of him with my cell...that was when he felt like crap but still had some humor, he had a migraine, a cold and couldnt keep anything down...uugh. I have attached the photos of my poor baby...I cant believe how many IV's he had to have!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On a lighter note he got to go to camp this past august and had a blast!! Of course I was a basket case, but he is looking forward to going again this year!

Hugs to you all
    Christine

2. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

Oh my, I'm so sorry you've had it so rough. I'm glad you've found some time to post again, I've wondered about you and Jacob. I'm also glad he got to go to camp and enjoyed it. He deserves it. :D I hope things settle down and we see more posts from you soon. Hugs to all of you.

3. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Oh Christine, I'm so sorry things have been challenging.

Those pictures...funny how many memories and feelings they brought to the surface. I'm glad Jacob is doing better.

4. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Welcome back!

5. hughsfan30

hughsfan30 Approved members

Oh I didnt mean to stir up bad memories, he was actually (at that time) in good spirits of it all...asked me to take them so he could show his friends:eek: teenagers, I swear!:rolleyes:

6. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

No no, it's fine. We just have IV issues :eek:

7. Christopher's Mom

Christopher's Mom Approved members

IV issues

How funny the difference between a 9yr. old and a teenager! When Chris was in the hospital (Jan. 2008) he wanted NOTHING to do with the IV - definately not a "cool thing".

I think he has the Pediatric Floor record of having me and 4 nurses holding him down to get in it the night he was admitted. DH couldn't handle it and walked the halls! Moms always get the good jobs...

Anyway - I hope your son is feeling better!

8. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

Sorry you've had a crappy year so far.
    mines been kind of crappy too.

welcome back