- advertisement -

Isn't there a law about that? o.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wenpuppy123, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Wenpuppy123

Wenpuppy123 Approved members

We went to Perkins today and they said they didn't have any nutritional info for their food. Isn't there a law that says you have to provide that? Just wondering, cause I want to be able to eat at places like that... :cwds:

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

I don't believe so, do you have a calorie king, if not most of us use guesstimation. I think only NY has that law:confused:

3. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

To the best of my knowledge there is not a law about restaurants having the info, however packages food is required to have it.

4. phoebes

phoebes Approved members

most of the restaurants here in arizona do not. i don't think it's a law here either.

we carry our calorie king book (and my ipod with the program on it in case there's internet) and we go from there. every once in a while, the restaurant will tell us what brand of macaroni and cheese or whatever lizzie's eating, and then we can look it up. otherwise we look at it once it gets to the table and we liken it to whatever is in the book.

maybe if you know you're going to a restaurant beforehand, look it up online? i know online listings are more up to date.

5. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

i find that only super huge chains do have this ready on hand ...i ask at krispy kream one time and they acted like i had three heads till i finally told them it wasnt for me i knew they were fatening duhhh and the reason i really needed it ...they they became helpful and finally did find what it was for the plan glazed ..couldnt find the other but at least i had something to go from

6. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

Krispy Kremes have the nutrition information on the boxes here. So do McDonalds burgers and stuff. If I wasn't D, I'd be a bit annoyed that the caloric information of those naughty foods were staring me in the face! :p

7. Wenpuppy123

We forgot to bring our Calorie King book

We didnt have the Calorie King book with us at the time, so next time I'll bring it with us. Thanks! :)

8. CAGrandma

CAGrandma Approved members

California recently passed a law requiring all restaurants to provide nutritional information so a number of the national chain restaurants are modifying their menus nation wide to conform with the CA law. A couple of fast food places - which ones slips my mind - have already made modifications in the food since people have been so shocked to see the single meal calorie counts higher than a person should eat in the whole day! It was done basically to provide calorie counts to combat obesity, but since it also includes carb counts it is very useful to those of us who count carbs, not calories.

9. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

We asked at Krispy Kreme once. They were very, very nice and tried their best. They had pages of nutritional facts but not for whatever type of donut we had. So I just estimated from some of the others.

I think the fast food places have to have it available but not regular ones.

10. Wenpuppy123

Yeah, I guess that makes a little bit of sense. McDonalds and Burger King both had a pamplet they gave us.