- advertisement -

is there an alarm with several times to wake up?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by valerie k, Sep 16, 2012.

1. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

Mine has two. Its time to upgrade, as it has a mind of its own and refuses to wake me on occation. I would really want one that could do a wake time of at least 4 times. Instead, mine is two, and if I set the two to go off at like midnight and 3, I then have to do a re-set to wake up in the am.

does such a beast exist? I guess its that, or do two alarms side by side, and I really dont want to do that. I really want this, becouse when I do the all
    night testing on matt, it would really help.

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

I use my cell phone.

3. BittysMom

BittysMom Approved members

Yeah, I use my iPhone. Way easier to change than a regular alarm clock too.

4. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

I don't know of any. I use a dual alarm for times that are constant and supplement with my cell phone as needed.

5. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

i use my cell phone and tablet, and the stove timer. If I set my alarm for 2 and 4 hours I will set the stove for 3hrs. If I miss the 2hr the stove wil get me at 3hrs, (sucker is loud and I have to get up and go to the kitchen).

I will just reset the alarms/timers.

6. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

:eek: I dont have a cell that would work like that. Kens cell is set for the
    kids school scheduals.

7. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I use my Iphone and have it set to the most annoying ring or song with a loud, noisy beginning:D Taylor Swift's Mean is a good one to jar you from a sound sleep!

I like using it because if at 12 she is low, I can then set the timer for 15 minutes and not change the next alarm.

8. rutgers1

rutgers1 Approved members

I use 2 or three different ones, as I tend to make a mistake setting one...but never make a mistake with 2 at the same time. One is a typical alarm, and the other is my phone. I just have myself on autopilot at this point, and I can check Matt, return to my room, reset the clock for a few hours later, and then go back to sleep. No problem.

9. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

I use my ipod for multiple alarms. I also set an alarm on a cell phone to go at the same time for the same reason another poster said. I've sometimes slept through one of them going off, but not both. The times I've missed a test are when I've only set one.

10. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

I never change my alarm clock - it's always my wake-up-for-work alarm. I use my iPod for middle of the night checks because it's so easy to set.

They do make medical reminder timers, though. Something like this - http://www.amazon.com/Your-Minder-Personal-Alarm-Supply/dp/B001DTYJ04/ref=pd_sim_hpc_2 You can get 4, 6, 8 alarms and various colors. If you look at watches, you can get up to 12. We've considered them for various daycares as reminders to DD to test but never bought one. This one - http://www.amazon.com/Reminder-Digi...d=1347880082&sr=1-1&keywords=medication+watch - has 5 but it's much cheaper than the 12 ;)

11. manda81

manda81 Approved members

I use my iPhone as well, my husband prefers to use a cheapy alarm clock (that's insanely loud) for the nights he's on duty, and he just resets it after each check.

12. AJMom

AJMom Approved members

I use my Timex Ironman watch! I had this watch prior to DX for running. It has 3 alarm settings - so it works perfect for my night alarms - along with running!

13. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

I've used either my iPod touch or my iPhone for many years now. I prefer the Alarm Clock app by iHandy. I haven't figure out the upper limit on the number of alarms you can set. I've used as many as 6 at one time.