- advertisement -

Is all UHC customers having to change to Optum Rx instead of Medco?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ecs1516, Mar 10, 2013.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We have Medco but have not received a letter saying it is changing for us. I just ordered a prescription from Medco today.

2. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

I have UHC/Medco and haven't been notified of any changes.

3. swellman

swellman Approved members

We just switched from Aetna/Medco to UHC/Medco at the first of the year and I haven't seen any info on a switch.

4. JNBryant

JNBryant Approved members

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Sadly, YES!:eek::mad::(

We just got our letter yesterday and Ellen responded to my thread from a while ago. She supplied me with a very eye opening link. I encourage everyone to read this:

http://www.bbb.org/minnesota/busine.../unitedhealth-group-in-minnetonka-mn-21000358

and even more eye opening:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/rx/prescription_solutions.html

I encourage everyone to get their supplies filled with MedCo while they can so that they at least have ample supply to cover them in the event these complaints are true to their word. I thought Medco was slow, but this company seems to be horrible.

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I just ordered through Medco. Hope it really is Medco!!

7. 3kidlets

3kidlets Approved members

This sounds like a nightmare! We've had Medco (now express scripts) and have never had an issue getting our supplies. I haven't received anything from United about the change, but according to the link, it sounds like its inevitable!!

8. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

According to our letter, the change is effective 4/1/13.
    I called Medco the other day because we ran out of pen vials. The woman was bending over backwards to make sure we got them, even when I told her they aren't an emergency, we'd be OK. She offered to do an emergency scrip at our local pharmacy. The next day we got the letter, then I get the link to the complaints!