- advertisement -

Is a sport a problem?

Discussion in 'Sports and Athletics' started by przemmaj, May 22, 2014.

1. przemmaj

przemmaj New Member

Hi All,

I'm looking for active/in sport diabetics using maybe any wristbands (Jawbone, Nike, Fitbit) as I'm the one. I started small research project about active diabetics and I'm looking for people willing to talk about the problems more. To find out if the sport/active life is a problem in controlling diabetes and if can be solved. Short brief what I'm trying to do below. If anybody is interested and keen to talk/share opinions/feedback - please get back in touch :)

Diabetes Lab is an initiative that is going to tackle the problem of control of diabetes type 1. We want to build 'Siri for diabetics'. We want to start from proposing our first feature to active people. The proposed feature is data focused. We rely on the input data such as glucose levels, types of insulin, insulin doses and physical activity of the user. Proposed output is real-time information about insulin dose adjustment, which would let the user keep glucose level in a good range. Described feature relies a lot on the input data, that is why we focus not only on the data provided by the user by hand, but also on the data received from external sensors such as wristbands (Jawbone UP, Fitbit, Nike), continuous glucose monitoring devices, insulin pumps and mobile devices (accelerometers, GPS). We think to develop a mobile service which will be free for people to use. Funds can come from research grants, insurance companies etc.

Please help:)
    Przemek