- advertisement -

Ironic much?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by kierbabi09, Jun 23, 2009.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I have to go to the doctors tomorrow to get an overdue shot of guarasil (sp?) and I hate getting shots and getting blood taken (I have to do that too, for an a1c, my dr only does the blood drawn, not the finger stick).
    It's just funny, well ironic I guess, beuase I have no problems checking my bg's and when I was on MDI giving myself shots. I don't know WHY I don't like it. Maybe because it is someone else giving me the shot? I always have to look away:eek:
    Anyone else like that?

2. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I'm the opposite. If I can't see them doing it, I go crazy. If I can see it I'm okay. It's like I HAVE to know what they're doing.

3. diabetesgrlsxoxo

diabetesgrlsxoxo Approved members

I am the EXACT same way!! I almost start crying (well did...that was before I gave myself 4 a day at least...) but yet I would watch them do it and my mom would always tell me to look away. But I HAD to know when they were going to poke the needle in (what an awful suprise that would be :eek:) But ya I am like you!

4. NoMoreShots

NoMoreShots Approved members

I used to hate needles before dx. Now I'm immuned to them. I actually like watching them take blood. Its probably because I want to go in the medical field.:)

5. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

Vaccination needles are much bigger and IM instead of sub-q which makes them hurt much more IMO. I have no issue with insulin injections, I can barely feel the needle. I hate vaccinations though and my arm always hurts for ages afterwards!

6. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

our pedi's office uses smaller needles for the IM ones. although, last time we went in, they said we had to have a shot(surprise!) and Em and i got worried......and then the nurse comes in and goes 'it's just sub-q!'.....jeez! tell me that first:rolleyes:!
    i never watch, if i knew when it went in.....:eek:. my first flu shot after dx i freaked out and they had to hold me down....i saw it in my arm and.......not pretty!
    egh! yuck!