- advertisement -

iPhone apps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Victoria!, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Victoria!

Victoria! Approved members

Hi there, I am wondering if anyone is using their iPhones for logging and what has worked for you? I have downloaded a few apps and been trying them out but would appreciate any input before I pull my hair out!

Thanks!
    ~Victoria

2. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

We don't log with our iPods, but do use CalcMadeEasyFree for figuring out boluses (we use the TAG system) and making notes on carb counts for items that J eats regularly.

I believe we downloaded GlucoBuddy IIRC - it was free and looked to be a good app for logging.

3. Victoria!

Victoria! Approved members

Thanks! I wound up buying 4 different aps, and wouldn't ya know it the "FREE" ap (glucosebuddy) is the best.

FYI and for anyone else wanting to use iphone/ipod to track this is amazing. Best part is, the ap is free then you pay $12 for the year for 2 way syncing. What this does is allows your kid to input their numbers, then they press "sync"...their log entries will automatically show up on YOUR devise so if they are away you can still monitor whats going on. Additionally, you have a private account online where records are uploaded, and it has GREAT reports as well as an easy to read log that you can print for your Dr. LOVE THIS!!

If anyone wants more info on setup, feel free to PM me. I'm not a "techie" but managed to figure this out ok!

4. Jackson's Mom

Jackson's Mom Approved members

This app sounds amazing for my iphone/ipad, thanks for posting! We are only one month into this life change but anything that makes our life easier at this point is a blessing! :)

5. Jackson's Mom

Jackson's Mom Approved members

Hey Victoria, Janet again! Would you please let me know if the glucosebuddy app you mentioned is made by BHI Technologies or oneAppOneCause, there are two with the same name that are free. Thanks!:)

6. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Don't remember if I mentioned this app in this thread, but we just started using Evernote - anything you put in it will show up on your computer, iPod, iPhone, whatever you have the app on. And it's free :)
    I use it for TAG info for J, and plan to put the nutrition codes for our new scale on it when the scale finally arrives.