advertisement

Insulin Takers :)

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by Juliana1245, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Juliana1245

Juliana1245 Approved members

How much insulin do you take in a day ?

this is how much I take;

Morning 7am-Novorapid (depends on the blood sugar rage 7-10 units)
    Glargine/Lantus (12 units)

Between Meals - (Any time Im having something to eat like a snack or food I carb count as well 10grams is equivalent to 1 unit)

Dinner 5pm-Novrapid(same as the above)
    Glargine/Lantus-(14 units)

2. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I take 8 or 9 units Lantus/glargine at 10 PM.
    I sometimes need a correction of 1-5 units (of Novolin R = Actrapid = Regular) between bedtime and breakfast. Depending on how hungry I am, how high I am, and how active I'm planning to be that morning, I take 0-12 units of Regular for breakfast - usually 8-12 units. If I'm active enough and I ate breakfast and I'm having a medium to small lunch, I don't need any insulin for lunch. If I am taking insulin for lunch, I take about 1 unit to 15 grams. Sometimes my blood sugar creeps up and I need a correction around 3 or 4 PM. Around 5:30 or 6:00 PM, I usually inject 8 to 12 units for supper. Sometimes after I get a look at supper, or if my blood sugar rises more, I inject more.

I use my Dexcom a lot to figure out when to inject, and also to figure out if I should eat more or less.

Edit: in total I take about 9 units of Lantus and 25 units of Regular per day.

3. Juliana1245

wow sound like you inject yourself a lot

4. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I inject a lot less than I used to- when I used Novolog (= Novorapid) I did about 7 shots per day. Now I do about 4 shots per day.
    I'm getting a jet injector soon- they're hoping to ship it to me next week- and since those are supposed to be less painful with smaller shots I'm wondering if I'm going to find myself doing more small ones.

Since you're a teen I think maybe I should also add the PS that my insulin needs were higher when I was a teen.

5. Juliana1245

Thanks seems like you have a wild life lol