- advertisement -

Insulin resistance - ALL DAY - help?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mandapanda1980, Feb 4, 2013.

1. mandapanda1980

mandapanda1980 Approved members

ok so after Alli ran a bit high all day yesterday...200's/300's I changed her site right before bed and gave a correction.

She stayed high at middle of the night check, correction

In the am she was still high with mod. ketones. changed site and gave correcton.

Ketones are now gone but I cant get her under 30. Last check was her best - 304 at 6:15. I then gave a temp basal of +30%

Any suggestions? Insulin is to be filled on Wed, fyi

TIA!

2. Mish

Mish Approved members

Have you tried a correction via syringe yet?
    If that doesn't do anything, then I'd say she either has a looming illness or is in a massive growth spurt. If the correction works, then it's possible you've got a pump problem or a problem with the sites in general.

IMO a bad vial of insulin, unless you've somehow really exposed it to extreme elements, is unlikely.

3. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

We get those with growth spurts with Olivia, drive me nuts, but usually clear up in a day or two when hormones return to more normal ranges

Also we get those a few days before illness too, Can't get Liv under 400 today, but she is running a low grade fever and sore throat so...